Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start the G yesterday and the check engine message appeared.
I've used a bluetooth ODB plug and the AlfaODB app, and it shows I've experienced an intermittent P0340 error. Sure enough, 5 restarts of the car later and the error has gone from the dash.

So, do I just ignore it until next service (3 months), or is it something I should get looked at sooner? or just cross my fingers and hope it doesn't happen again?

It doesn't seem a common error, as none came up for G's in my search.

Any advice appreciated,

Cheers

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Went to start the G yesterday and the check engine message appeared.
I've used a bluetooth ODB plug and the AlfaODB app, and it shows I've experienced an intermittent P0340 error. Sure enough, 5 restarts of the car later and the error has gone from the dash.

So, do I just ignore it until next service (3 months), or is it something I should get looked at sooner? or just cross my fingers and hope it doesn't happen again?

It doesn't seem a common error, as none came up for G's in my search.

Any advice appreciated,

Cheers
That comes up as a cam shaft sensor error code for other models. If I was building a range of engines over a number of years it would not be beyond the realms of possibility that the legacy of previous engines would be incorporated into the newer versions. Might be worth a trip to the dealer if still in warranty?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts