Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All on this bright sunshiny day. Can you experts please advise - on switching on the ignition in my little Red Alfa 147 I get a message saying "Check Active". This morning there was a message saying possible ice on the road and a very pretty snowflake. Normally it just says OK. What else does it check, anyone know please? (I am sure you do). Thanks from a newbie.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The 'possible ice on road' is linked to the temp sensor and simply appears as the temp is below 3 or 4 degrees.
It will also check the oil level (final check I think) and it probably does a basic electric check as well. I am not 100% as to the exact details of the check but I am sure someone will be along soon to advise :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
The check system checks electronic parameters, it only checks oil level on diesel versions, petrol versions have to be checked manually.
This is very important on Alfa engines.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, both, for your replies. I suppose there is nothing else for it - I will have to learn how to open the bonnet and check the oil! :( :(

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Thanks, both, for your replies. I suppose there is nothing else for it - I will have to learn how to open the bonnet and check the oil! :( :(
With an Alfa you should really get used to checking your oil once a week. I know some cars don't require the bonnet to be opened unless you're topping up the screenwash, but your Alfa really will want some oil on a fairly regular basis :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts