Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
Need to replace the two front tyres on my 159, can anyone recommend a good cheap reliable place to buy in the Limerick area?

Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
2,419 Posts

·
Administrator
87,044 Posts
It seems like tyres have gone up a good bit in the last year,
The exact same set of 4 tyres I bought of Eiretyres just over a year ago have gone up by €115 :eek:
The quote I got from Camskill has increased by at least €60 if not more IIRC.

Hope you find a good deal Pete,

PS if you do buy your tyres online make sure you have someone who will fit them as not all tyre centres will fit tyres purchased elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Guy in carrigtwohill selling part worn tyres......sound guy with very good tyres. Got 2 pirelli 225 45 17s fitted and balanced for 70 euro. A total bargain.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Guy in carrigtwohill selling part worn tyres......sound guy with very good tyres. Got 2 pirelli 225 45 17s fitted and balanced for 70 euro. A total bargain.
That's a great price Frank! What do they have left on them about 5mm?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
About 5 mm maybe less........great handling tyre the p zeros

·
Registered
6,738 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Sorry to disagree, but they fitted my tyres the wrong way, (the inside of the tyre was outside), and they were more expensive than Nissan Windsor (Bray) to put on the tyres I got from Eiretyres.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Looking at the big picture and how it affects me... I have a tyre guy I always use for new tyres in Walkinstown (although I have bought the odd one at Phoenix Tyres too-gentlemen to deal with). I bought part worn winter tyres and am happy with the deal I got etc.
Was just being nosy really and 'gathering info.'

Highly likely that I will get a set of 4 part worns for my supersports once it warms up a little
(over 7C)...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Sorry to disagree, but they fitted my tyres the wrong way, (the inside of the tyre was outside), and they were more expensive than Nissan Windsor (Bray) to put on the tyres I got from Eiretyres.
I said you can get them from them, I never said they'd fit them the right way!! :lol:
I never knew Windor would fit them as well, good to know.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Guy in youghal charged €15 to put two on and balance. :thumbs:

Glanworth Tyres. They have no set price. Another time it cost 20, another 15. Each time 1 pair changed.

Bridgestone Potenza 050As gone well up in price. Just bought two.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts