Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need inspiration here. Ideal world it's compomotive MOs or some Supertourismo's however with the car having ony cost a tonne so far shelling out a fortune on rims seems misguided at best.
However the 14" standard wheels have to go.
Any suggestions for cheap alternatives 16" upwards ideally and what if anything else will fit, herd rumours of Lanica, Fiat Stilo, Fords if you presumably 'work' the bolts a bit...
Hell if anyones got some some scabby old 15's in the back of a garage they wanna shift - conditions not so important as they'll be resprayed anyway.

Cheers guys.
JP

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Most Fiat, Alfa or Lancia wheels will fit. You have a 4x98 PCD and you need an offset anywhere between 33 and 38.

Some Vauxhalls have a 4x100 PCD and you can fit those using special bolts. They have some play in the seating cup (rather than being a 1-piece bolt) so you can offset the bolt slightly in the bolt-hole.

Anyways there's MILLIONS of Fiat/Alfa/Lancia wheels out there, so why go through the pain ? You save on buying bolts too (about £20).

I found some cheap standard 155 alloys in 15" for my winter tyres for £50 on fleabay but you can often find wheels with tyres of various quality already fitted @ £150.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hello,
A very good place to buy new alloys from is www.alloywheels.com have a look at this website, it's really good and I doubt anyone will beat their prices. I bought my wheels from them and so have many of my friends who I have shown the site to. The cheapest 17" wheels they do are around £340 a set WITH tyres! For Alfa 155 they sell 4 x 100mm PCD but supply the special bolts.

If you have a look in my gallery you will see my new wheels (which cost £500) and also the car with the standard wheels. I am selling my standard wheels and you can see their condition in the pics. They have suffered the usual laquer peeling syndrome and because all 4 have nearly new tyres, I would want £100 for them.:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Couldn't find any pics in you gallery... I may just be being dumb though, what size are they? I'm guessing they're 15"s but I may well be interested. Let me know.
JP

·
Registered
197 Posts
This website is confusing when you are new to it. When you click on my profile, it willl say no 'No pictures in the category'. If you look at the bottom of the screen it will say 'see all of this users pics' click on that mate and you will see my pictures. I finish work now so will not be able to reply untill tomorrow. I will speak to you then. Regards. Tej:)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
A variety of 155 users have reported (though not here) that the ideal size for a 155's rims is 16" though, from a performance point of view. 17" obviously looks better, but even 18" is possible apparently.

Regards
Cuore_Sportivo_155

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey,

Finally got round the whole seeing pics thing, very strange...
Sounds like they'd be pretty much ideal as this is gonna be the ultimate budget build, they are 15's right? If so where abouts are you in berks? I'm over in kent so not a hell of a drive to come and grab them. I've got to get it through an MOT hopefully sat but providing that doesn't throw up anything nasty I'm very interested.

Cheers

JP

·
Registered
197 Posts
jptwin said:
Hey,

Finally got round the whole seeing pics thing, very strange...
Sounds like they'd be pretty much ideal as this is gonna be the ultimate budget build, they are 15's right? If so where abouts are you in berks? I'm over in kent so not a hell of a drive to come and grab them. I've got to get it through an MOT hopefully sat but providing that doesn't throw up anything nasty I'm very interested.

Cheers

JP
Hello Mate,
I'm in Slough. I live a stones throw from Junction 6 on the M4. The wheels are the standard 15" items that are fitted to the V6 and Q4 as standard parts. They suffer from peeling laquer which is difficult to repair on these wheels apparently due to the studs which go around the circumference.

My in-laws live in Chatham so I travel to Kent now and again and know it can be a pain of a journey. So, I will goo home today and take some clear pictures of all 4 wheels and will also show the tread depth. This will give you a better idea if you want to travel all this way or not.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry I forgot to say,
I will post the pictures on here tomorrow and sometimes it takes a day or two for them to be approved and shown. If you need them sooner, I can e-mail them to you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No rush on the pics when they're up let me know. Funny thing is I only bought the car as a little fun and games project as I've got a new Vectra SRi turbo (just don't tell topgear), before I knew it I've started getting quite attached to it... but as I say very interested in the wheels so I'll speak to you soon.

Thanks

JP

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry mate I haven't had a chance to give you details on these wheels. This windy weather has 'tickled' my house slightly and I have had to carry out some repairs. I will sort it as soon as I can.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No worries buddy, dog sitting at my mates this coming weekend so I'm a little out of action for grabbing them right now anyway.
Fingers crossed for getting her through an MOT this week.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ive got 5 15" silver teledials 195 with tyres in good nic not perfect from origanal 145 clover ...tyres are mint ..make me an offer...Based in London...G*​

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Excuse the ingnorance again, which ones are teledials? are they like the 14's on mine but just bigger? & width wisedo you know if these would fill the arches out better than th 14s on mine as they look about three inches further from the edge of tha car than they should be (i'm thinking skinny body wheels on a widebody???)

Cheers

·
Registered
197 Posts
The wheels GME-DIGITAL is talking about are the ones on the picture I have attached. They are not that wide though and I have seen a 155 with these on and it didn't seem to fill the arches much.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the pic of the teledials, think given the choice the V6 wheels are preferable, if I can't find some 18" Compomotives in white for a bargain on fleabay... haha

TEJ keep us posted as and when you've got some pics up and I'm pretty much up for them as and when they're/you're available.

JP

·
Registered
48 Posts
i dunno what sort of budget you looking to spend but i got some team dynamics monza r's i need to sell they are like super t's. they have been reconditioned and sprayed celica met grey almost a graphite colour. they are 17" x 7" got three good tyres and one practically brand new( after some chav stabbed a hole in the old one) they need centre caps, which i found out cost 37.60 all in from team dynamics looking for £400 but open to offers, the wheels will be on ebay later so let me know cheers

·
Registered
100 Posts
jptwin said:
Thanks for the pic of the teledials, think given the choice the V6 wheels are preferable, if I can't find some 18" Compomotives in white for a bargain on fleabay... haha

TEJ keep us posted as and when you've got some pics up and I'm pretty much up for them as and when they're/you're available.

JP

can hook you a set of black magneseam speedlines through a mate but he wants £200or £100 for the silver speedliners

alfa155.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7625 !...talk to Dave............:cool: :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry JP, that I haven't posted the pics yet.

I will (without fail) take them this weekend. If you have already found some wheels then no probs.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hello mate,
I will give up on this scenario as it's just taking too long and causing delays. I will just leave the wheels at the back of the garage and hopefully they will be of some use one day. Sorry for messing you about :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts