Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
day off today,and was browsing ebad and auto trad etcthere are plenty of cheap under and around a grand 156 s for sale even some v6 versions some have problems and some not,these really are affordable cars with good specifications,i guess it a sign of the times,i really do fancy a v6 model (car that is ):cool:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I dunno if it's a good thing, folk will pick 'em up cheap and just run them into the ground like any other 'shed' out there...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i agree its a bad thing,seems alot around the £300 to £500 have cambelt issues but some just look neglected ie no regular servicing etc i would bet half of them have some really good parts on them,cant buy them all though:cry:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Sadly Alfas have taken a bit of a pounding during these leaner times.The 156 is quite old, dont forget the vectra was good in its day what are they worth now? Im of the opinion that in the fullness of time its the gtv and spider that may become classics.Look on the bright side a gt can now be had for 3k or so and even the 159 is well cheap.Hopefully the brera will plumett:inlove:

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
day off today,and was browsing ebad and auto trad etcthere are plenty of cheap under and around a grand 156 s for sale even some v6 versions some have problems and some not,these really are affordable cars with good specifications,i guess it a sign of the times,i really do fancy a v6 model (car that is ):cool:
condition and service history cam belt/water pump changed dictates pricing so be very wary

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I agree with you Davealfa11 but a 156 twinspark cambelt kit is about £80 waterpumps £20 and a 2.5 hour job for an experienced owner or clued up mechanic, it could be argued the 1.9 or 2.4 jtd is a simpler job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts