Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok

I've tried to get this out of my head but need to share it.
Allow me to set the scene:

I was in a meeting in a place called Chatham today.
We had the windows open because the weather was so fine.
Halfway during the meeting some @rse in a 'pimped' (ie sh1te car made even sh1tter) went zooooooming past with a stupidly loud exhaust and equally stupidly loud stereo.

12 people couldn't hear thmselves talk or think, making me think that this car was probably too loud.

I'm not an old man, I enjoy a 'fat' stereo and a fine sounding exhaust note. Now please don't take offence at the next bit:

Why do spotty little [email protected] go out and buy corsas/saxos etc and spend all their weeks wages from McDonalds making them more [email protected] then when they bought them?
Why do they then think it is a GOOD thing to parade their stupidity so openly in public by driving them through town centres at ridiculous speed with a stereo so loud that it pierces their eardrums and rattles their brain cell around the vacant space in their head?

And breath again.

Thanks

God, I sound like an old man.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I blame the tracksuited/perma-tanned chav lassies. If it wasn't for them wanting a "bad-boy" with his own wheels and seemingly endless Halfords store credit, the young boys wouldn't have to show off in such an embarrassing manner.

Sort it out girls!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't mind a bit of subtle and sensible 'moding'. It's when a car sounds sooooo stupid, then you open your eyes to see that it also looks like the product of a poor trolley dash through halfrauds.

·
Registered
689 Posts
don't get me started on that no-more nails modding mentality. I love modding but less is definitely more in most cases. Sticky on fuel caps and acres of plastic chrome offend the eyes.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Can I just point out that it's a good thing if they can stick to modding Corsas etc.
Sadly Coupes, 145s, and even 156s are coming in for Chav abuse these days.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I see them all the time, I work in a not so nice area of Huddersfield and they drive up and down the road ALL day long.

Yesterday I saw a series one honda prelude in white with enormous chrome alloys an 8" exhaust pipe and a rear wing that must have been a foot off the boot. All he succeeded in doing was drawing attention to the fact he had such a crap car.

:D

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I'm supposed to be in Huddersfield next week to visit on old mate, you've put me right off!
Hahahaha, hope your not going anywhere near Moldgreen then.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Yesterday I saw a series one Honda prelude in white with enormous chrome alloys an 8" exhaust pipe and a rear wing that must have been a foot off the boot. All he succeeded in doing was drawing attention to the fact he had such a crap car. :D
There's a young lad where I live who's given similar treatment to a Hyundai Accent. :eek:

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Isn't Chatham allegedly where the term chav originated?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Isn't Chatham allegedly where the term chav originated?
I was just about to ask that.

Chatham is where the first chav was born lol

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I was just about to ask that.

Chatham is where the first chav was born lol
The word chavi is Romany for little boy...

but then, Chatham is full of 'em!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts