Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may remember I have talked about various chassi modifications that I planned to do. Now I have the droplink ready and you can see it on
http://uk.msnusers.com/Alfapics/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=4

My intention is to get quicker and more precise response from steering motions without thicker anti roll bar. Unforunately I need to use a kind of remover (flywheel remover for small engines) to remove the original droplink.And that is a tricky operation because of the brake disc and spindle that are a bit too close to the droplink. I will tell you about the result when I have tried them on the car.

The unibals I have used are maintenance free with PTFE coating. Price around 30 Euro each. The PETTX material in the "bushings" costs about 40 Euro/meter and it took the workshop 1 hour to do the bushings and 2 hours to do the fork. But most of that time is spent on programming the machines and getting the right stuff from the storage, so if one makes many piesces at the same time manufacturing time will be less than 1 hour / pair.

F

·
0 Posts
Hi Andreas,

The drop links sound great. Do they transmit a lot of noise? Do you have them on the car yet? I may be interested in a set for mine wink

Alex

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. But the car stands still while I'am hunting a brake kit so when I find one I will dismount a lot of stuff and then fit the droplinks too.

F

·
0 Posts
You could always go for the money is no object porsche GT2 brake conversion wink

Keep me posted on how the drop links perform.

Alex

F

·
0 Posts
Has anyone done anything about the general stiffness of (particularly the Q4) 155 shell? I know you can get a rear diff cradle for the integrale & Evo but can't find anything similar for the 155.

I now feel a lot more flex even compared with the Silverstone! (welded back seat)

Alex

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But isn't the rear diff attached to the subchassi? The Integrale has no subchasi and the diff is attached to the floor that is pretty weak. All 155's have a rigid subchassi for the rear suspension.

What I have thought about is the front wishbone beams. They are bolted to the chassi in their rear end and has no stabilisation in the front. On some cars you connect theese two beams front ends with a transversal bar, like a strut brace. Unfortunately I find this modification to be very difficult as the engine comes between theese to beams and therefore a "lower strut brace" would have run below the engie, with some marginal, and it would be dangerously close to the ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts