Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a couple of Car Supermarket to look at the range of colours for the 147. Alfa dealers around here don't carry many in stock but the two car supermarkets had 40 between them.

Well, it's created a dilemma. Which colour am I going to have? My Interior is an easier choice, either red or nautral leather depending on the colour outside.

I saw the Irridescent blue and thought it looked amazing but I'm not sure I can justify the cost, particularly if it gets scracthed, but it makes choosing the colour easy becuase there is only one irridescent colour.

So my shortlist after visiting one supermarket was, Gabianno Blue, Gem Green (not as girly as it looks in the brochure), Proteo Red and Nuvola Blue.

After the second when it was raining. Suddenly the Alfa Red stood out like a Beacon amongst the metallics and greys. But I don't want a solid colour so that's out of the window (sad but heh!). At the second supermarket I saw the two Silver colours and loved the lighter coloured one. Then just as I was leaving I saw the Dark Green one in the showroom and becuse it had 40 lights shining on it, it looked great with 18" alloys on it.

I think I'm going to put all the colours I like in a hat and pick one out. I won't be unhappy whichever I choose beacuse I love them all. It is slowly driving me mad deciding.

Any advice? It's a stupid question as it's completely subjective but heh!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In fact has anyone got photos of the following cobinations.

Gabianno blue with red leather
Maple Green with Natural leather
Nuvola blue with red leather
Platinum grey with red or natural leather
Proteo Red with red or natural leather
Stirling Grey with red or natural leather

It would be a great help.

A

·
0 Posts
All IMHO of course but:

Gabianno blue with red leather
NOOOO! Blue and red = disaster.

Maple Green with Natural leather
Nice, very nice.

Nuvola blue with red leather
See above

Platinum grey with red or natural leather
Natural yes, red no.

Proteo Red with red or natural leather
Red no (red and red would be hideous)
natural yes, but black leather better!

Stirling Grey with red or natural leather
Red possibly, natural definitely!!

I think the only real body colour for the red leather is black.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Aspender. I appreciate your feedback. Not sure that blue and red would be a disaster as you put it

Which would you choose then from my short list?

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
G says black with natural..... but your not G... and black gets bloody dirty and gets on my nerves!!! Red leather... mate, i'd getit for the ladies alone!!!! You gotta have balls to have red leather!!!!

Black + red... also good!!

I think dark colours work best because they hide the black stripes around the car... (back and front)

Blue with red aint so bad... but have you seen the grey leather?? It's not really grey, more white... and looks very classy!!! Cleaning job though!!!

This is the fun part of getting a car... waiting for the ***** is the worst!!!

Good luck!!

J

·
0 Posts
Silver - all silver is common except on Mercs

Gem gree is transient and a fashion shade that will date the car

Dark Blues are least visible (less so than black, but Casual Blue and red leather is daringly tasteful, one of these blues is actually almost purple.

Gabiano Blue - its very Alfa Italiano but prone to date - red or black leather only

Nuvola Blue - A supplier visits me who has a V6GTV in this colour with blue leather, it looks the dogs bits. But its a bit wearing long term, I'd soon get fed up with it.

Flat Black with any colour leather, but black is not good unless metallic. Many manufacturers have dropped flat blacks because new paint process without cellulose actually cause the undercoat which is white, to come through and it ofetn has to be buffed away. alfa has had problems with flat black.

Africa Grey with black, grey or red but not tan. Mature, grown up sort of colour that says taste and style without being loud.

As for the dark green - well only tan leather but its all a bit passe now, very Rover.

Red - boring. The dealer has 5 red 147's mostly 1.6's and they do about as much for me as watching football on TV - absolutely nothing. However red alfas are a good sales prospect when you come to part with it.

You cannot go wrong with classic colours - blacks, greys, blues, red. Silver will damage your long term values.

M

·
0 Posts
God damn....
<font color="Red">ANY COLOUR with Momo SPORTS LEATHER seats!

Stef

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Bear in mind what looks good in the showroom under bright lights will always look different in the real world,ie the grey gloom and drizzle of the UK!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stef. I think the sports seats are over rated myself. Too many creases in them spoil it for me. I love the classic ribbed Alfa seats. Maybe I'm getting old or something. Plus I'll save a fair few pounds going for the normal ones. (normal is not maybe the best word to use
). I found the normal ones to be just as comfortable.

Too be honest I'm expecting to keep this car for a long time and will probably buy a Track Day Sports car (elise poss. ) as my un sensible next car and keep the 147 for every day driving and when a 2 seater is impractical. So I'm not too concerned as to wether the colour will help hold it's resale value or not as it will be mine for ages....yipee.

I don't like any of the dark blues or greys or blacks (I have a solid black Punto and it's hell to clean). I don't think even metalic black could change my decision on this.

I have almost certainly decided against Nuvola Blue.

My Short list has narrowed now to :

Gabianno Blue
Proteo Red
Platinum Grey
Maple Green

All with Nautral leather.

G-147, this is not to say that I do not have balls
but I think these final 4 colours look best with Natural seats.

Still no photos anyone?

If you all have a look at this site http://go.to/alfa147 and click on 'jouw Alfa' you will see what has become my favourite external colour. Then click on 'Mijn Alfa' and you will see Nuvola with Natural and it looks great. So if Natural works with Nuvola it must work with Gabianno.

Although when I first test drove the Proteo Red (the first I saw in the flesh as it were)with Natural it did steal my heart.

I think I found the all black interior with black seats to be a little dark and claustrophobic and think the natural helps add a bit og light. Plus all black with black leather reminds me too much of Audi's (yes I know, shame on me).

Oh well I'm rambling now. Let the debate continue.

Thanks for all your feedback guys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Chappy,

Bought a new 156 last year in proteo red, and I'm glad I did - stands out a lot from all the silver/red/black 156's over here in Ireland.
I saw the 5-door 147 at the dealers last week in proteo red - looks fantastic - only had the basic interior though, but I'd imagine it's even better with natural leather!
That colour looks good on dull days, but absolutely fantastic in the sunlight - as with all Alfas, you need to care for the paintwork to avoide bad swirling of the lacquer, and keep it looking its best in sunlight.

-ijc

M

·
0 Posts
Hi Chappy,

Read your posts on colour options wow certainly appears as if you have done your homework. Could you please tell me if you know the proper name for what I can only describe as an ice white sky blue I have seen a very very few 156's (solid colour not metallic)with this body colour. Tried the Alfa GB site which is pretty grim when it comes to this stuff not listed!

I've actually never seen a 147 dressed in it wondered if they were actually available?

If your not sure may be Jay as he appears something of a paint expert also!!!

I'll put my two pence worth in and say that from the colours you have shortlisted I think the platinum grey looks the nicest. Let us know what you decide.

M.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mak,

I think I know which colour you are talking about but it's certainly not an option in the UK for the 147.

Yes lots of homework which is gving me a headache. I was stupid to go to a car supermarket with such a large choice.

I remember seeing the sterling grey and noticing the shield didn't look so prominent so I have removed it from my short list.

That leaves:

Gabianno Blue
Proteo Red
Maple Green

though I will probably change my mind in an hour or so .

M

·
0 Posts
I guess I can understand the darkness of the interior with the black sports leather seats, but I don't understand what was meant by "all the creases".

PLEASE EXPLAIN? I thought the leather in the SPorts seats was quite stretched...unless you are talking of all the different bits of leather (smooth & perforated..) joined to one another.

My only concern with NATURAL TAN LEATHER is that you have to be extra careful not to leave marks. Also after a few years of use, I have found Tan leather to gather dirt marks around the creases, and when the leather is stretched, you get aweful dirty black lines ruining the Tan colour.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stef,

I don't mean creases like you may mean. towards the top of the seats there is extra styling added over the normal seats. It's like the seat is made up of more panels.

I just feel the extra panels are not needed and so I like the classic look more. Each to their own and all that.

I know what you mean about Natural that is why I was thinking of going for Red. I would like to see a one year old 147 with Natural to see how the leather is holding up.

As you said the leather is quite tough strong leather not the really soft kind so I hope it will cope okay. I will get it protected regularly anyway.

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
It's easy to keep the naturel leather clean. I just clean it with a little watter now and then and it stays like new. My 147 is 9 months old, but my former car had naturel leather as well. I just love tan leather.

Selespeed
http://go.to/alfa147

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I must admit I love the look of your car Selespeed. Sweeeeeeeet Man.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you got any more photos Selespeed?? Who's is the Gabianno Blue one on your site? Any more pics of that baby.

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
The gabianno blue 147 is from a dutch guy who works at Heineken ;-)

I've got more pictures of his car but I didn't put them on my site. I allways put exactly 3 pics of visitors on my site.

Another guy sent me pics of his gabianno blue 147 as well, but my site is about to move to another URL.

Selespeed
http://go.to/alfa147

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe you could email them to me at [email protected]

Go on you know you want to.

Pleeeeeaaasseee.

R

·
0 Posts
Chappy,
Here's a pic of my new 147 in Gabianno Blue with red leather. I was a bit nervous with the color combination too, until I saw it in the show room waiting for me to take home!

-Raym

1 - 20 of 27 Posts