Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has ever changed there wheel hub on an alfa 147 and how long did it take and were any special tools needed??

thank you
handz

·
Registered
607 Posts
Front or rear? cos they is different!!! The front bearing is seperable from the hub, which is why they are separate parts but the rear isn't and needs the whole hub unit.

You would be best with a press to put it on, otherwise some educated brutality with a hammer will be needed, and some good luck to not hurt the new bearing.

The disc guard bolt (round the back of the brake disc) will snap off, i guarantee :eek: I found it funny at the time, but it's not really needed once the assembly is back together.:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Front if you buy a hub flange with a bearing its Days work for a DIYer with a good set of tools, if you dont buy the flange you will need to press the hub flange out and once out the bearing will leave the outer race on the flange and you will have to grind it off... a bearing press is essential IMO for bearing reliability...

Rear is much the same but you will need bearing pullers and like the front might leave a race on the stub axle, so out the grinder comes...
IMO the rear is alot easier, but to do both correctly you will best to use a bearing press...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts