Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Probably me being a complete idiot...but on my settings menu (the little buttons to the right of the steering wheel on the RHD model) I have tried to change the time (to take into account the clocks going back). At first the option was there...but, when I went back in to do it again, it has gone. Along with all the other options that should (and were once there) like autolock...rain sensor...light sensor etc etc).

All I have now are these options:

Exit menu
Dimmer setting
Speed Beep

Any clues as to how I get it back to all the options?

I love the G so much, but even after 4 weeks am starting to realise just why Alfas get their reputation...

My media player stopped working a couple of weeks ago...well, when I say stopped working...the volume broke. I couldn't turn it up or down...until I stopped the car and restared the engine (thank goodness I wasn't driving on the motorway - as I would have died having to Listen to Chris Moyles at the volume I originally had it!

anywhoo - still love my car to bits.

Mat

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay - I went back and it worked. So the only conclusion I can draw from this is:

I am a complete idiot. Maybe I wasn't stationary.

Thanks 159_kid.

(I seriosuly shouldn't be let out in public by myself!)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think it may simply be that the engine was running. I did mine with the ignition ON but the engine OFF. Some health and safety ******** as always.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I think it may simply be that the engine was running. I did mine with the ignition ON but the engine OFF. Some health and safety ******** as always.
No it works with the engine running.
I reset mine this morning while in a cue at some traffic lights.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm in which case I don't feel so stupid - as previously my engine was on...but not driving. Probably just a haloween trick being played on me by the gremlins that live in my G. all fine now. :eek:)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Not so sure it was you. I tried to do mine yesterday and got very few of the options shown in the manual. I had the engine running but was parked with brake on so will retry later with engine OFF

·
Registered
934 Posts
You need to be sitting completey still, or as still as possible when setting the menus otherwise the movement sensors in the Alfa fool the engine management system into think the car is moving, and thus giving you the restricted menu.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I can't believe that the car has so many clever features... it has the date... but doesn't adjust itself to/from DST.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts