Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gtv needs the engine sump changing as the drain plug threads have gone, need to know before tomorrow,

can i change the sump easily in the car? it looks to me like you cant get to some bolts because of the gear box, got tomorrow off and really need to sort it

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its broken the hole where the plug goes in if u put your finger in it you can feel its all broken off, i have a donor car tho that i can get the sump off to change, just need to know how and how hard

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't forget you'll need new gaskets and while your changing the oil change the filter too.

Can't help otherwise since I've only done it on old bmws before and even on them it's a job that will make baby jesus cry for your soul!

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
If it's like the 156, then no gasket but it uses the sealant in a tube stuff.

·
Registered
221 Posts
my sump plug is over tightened from a dealer. I tried getting it off using a 8mm hex key and a spanner. The spanner snapped from the pressure I exerted on it but the sump plug didn't even budge...
Does anybody know a clever way to remove the plug?

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Do you have a new plug? If not I would get one before going any further. Then I would soak the plug in plus gas for 20 mins, put a peice of pipe over the allen key and give it full beans!! If no luck, then go for the stilsons around the edge of the plug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts