Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible?

I dont like the standard one, just wondered if anyone has changed it or if its possible. maybe get a nice carbon one

·
Registered
478 Posts
No, I don't like it either. Nasty plastic which has been standard on Alfas for a long time. Too long. I thought I remembered a thread about this. The conclusion seemed to be that there was no after-market solution available. Hope I'm wrong. Bests.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Maybe just remove the leather...and take it to a trustworthy local retrimmer and have them retrim it, aswell as the gear gator with alcantara...i've always wanted to do this, but never really got to it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't like the cheap plastic grip area either. There is also a sharp part line on the underside. Overall feels very tacky. I had a quote for $80 from a leather trimmer here in Sydney to have it trimmed in leather with red trim to match my seats. Just haven't done it yet - truth be told because I am not convinced it will be beautifully done.

Also don't like the cheap plastic gear change paddles. These paddles and the handbrake are touchpoints you interact with on a daily basis and they make the car feel downmarket whereas mainly the rest of the cabin is pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts