Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Barmybob for the pictures and details.

1. Disconnect battery. (You have to move the bank of fuses and relays later so best do this first)
2. Remove both wiper arms.
3. Remove plastic covers (Remove all of them in the engine bay) (Lots of screws)
4. Remove the rubber strip (Bottom Edge)
5. Remove A/C pollen filter
6. Remove the electrical bar out of the way (Relays & fuses)
7. Remove wiper control arms and motor assembly.
8. Un-clip the A/C pipes from ALL the clips on the top and inner wing.
9. Remove ALL the bolts from the fan housing and heater assembly in the middle of the car.
10. You can then remove the fan (It’s not easy but it will come out with a lot of twisting and turning)
11. While applying pressure to the pipes on the wing lift the pipes above the fan housing as high as possible to allow the fan housing to be removed.
12. The pipe can be bent down after the new / repaired fan is fitted.

Attachments

Reactions: laniel

·
Administrator
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not yet, still waiting for the fan to arrive. Its due tomorrow coming from France via UPS ( all in on piece I hope).

I thought I would post the pictures from you asap just in case it could help anybody else.

·
Registered
10,986 Posts
Not yet, still waiting for the fan to arrive. Its due tomorrow coming from France via UPS ( all in on piece I hope).

I thought I would post the pictures from you asap just in case it could help anybody else.
:) Bo Peep wurked fur me paul....on Tia not Pomeo.

How much all in for the fan and what kind.Was it the Mrauto one or summit else.

PS Can ewe assist peareson johnny and has immobby problem with the offical operation etc.

i printed it all out all those yaers ago and cannae find it noo...also my dte and elearn are in op.

Pomeo

·
Administrator
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arrived today at 2pm:) Its Denso branded on the box and on the motor.
Did not think it would be so large, even the fan cage has balance clips on it.
Will to pick a dry day to do the job ( when ever that is)or see if my mate will lend me a bit of space in his garage.

The cost delivered was £155.00

·
Administrator
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did the job today :):):):):

Lots of swearing and it helps if two people do it, one to lift the air con pipes up while the other removes the fan housing. I have added some extra info to the first post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts