Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, just sharing.... I followed the Alfa Workshop instructions for changing spark plugs (thanks for those guys). Only took an hour all in.

Link : Spark Plug Renewal on Alfa Romeo 2.0l Twin Spark Engines

Couple of observations.

The first spark plug on left hand side had some brown residue that I wiped off, most likely from water and oil ingress on account of it being near the oil filling point.
The next spark plug was oily so i cleaned the bore. Also for above reason. The rest looked ok, it looks like they were changed in the past 5-6 years (car is low mileage). I bought the replacement plugs from Partsworld on EBay.

Pic attached of the old plugs in the order they were removed.

One issue i did encounter (lesson to learn) on tightening one of the 4 coil pack mounting bolts, i overtightened (didnt feel that way) and the bolt snapped. you can see the hex head in above pic. If anyone has a spare i would be obliged....

No significant difference on start up, drive appears slightly smoother. I changed the plugs more for peace of mind and for efficient fuel consumption...

Feedback welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
What mileage had these plugs covered Baz?
Nice colour & the tips (what I can see) looks fine.
If you did have any issues I doubt it would have been due to those plugs shown unless some cracked which I am unable to see.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok that's good to know. in terms of mileage i'm not sure tbh. I've done 7000 miles since i bought car 4 years ago. I'll keep the old ones and give them a clean, they will still be usable if needed in future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts