Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been to view a lovely GT round the corner from where I live and think I'm going to take the plunge.
That means my 166 will be up for sale soon. She's old 1999 150,000 miles but still looks lovely. Black with zender and grey leather. Spent nearly £3000 last year sorting out including all the bushes front and rear new clutch and flywheel ss exhaust cat back sounds glorious. DSP with mini jack input on cassette mod. 17" shoehorses. MOT till june. will post pics and details sometime soon but I'm looking for £600 for a quick sale. will be very sad to see her go had her 7 years.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Alastair.You cannot do it.
The depreciation £3000 to £600 in less than a year.
Keep her off the road but sell....just cannot understand Al .
Dont desert the sinking ship.
Your 166 section needs you.

Pomeo

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in london with no off street parking. I would love to keep it but it's just not practical. Anyway after 7 years I want a change and It's going to be another alfa after all. I have only ever owned Alfas, should try a different marque one one day but I'm sure it would be a disappointment. Most of the work was done june 2010 and the rest into 2011. Someone will get a great car and hopefully enjoy it as much as I have. I'd hate it to be chopped up by a scrappy hoping to make a profit on the parts separately and I don't want to do that myself Will have to sell it soon as I'm hoping to buy the GT before the weekend and can't afford to insure both. If anyones got suggestions as to where to advertise other than on here that would be great thanks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forgot to mention cam belt waterpump tensioners and aux belts all done as well same time as clutch 10,000 miles ago

·
Registered
354 Posts
The best place to advertise is Autotrader. Cheap ad if it's below £1k, and all 4 cars I've sold on there went the very next day! Price it well (you have) take some good pictures and spend time on the blurb and it'll go quick.

People came from 150 miles for my cars when I put them on the 'trader, and I'm sure it's because they were priced right.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Richard, Hadn't realized its cheaper if below £1000.
Will try it for a week on here first once I've got some pics done hopefully later today and then try autotrader.
How's mr Cooper enjoying his new job. I'm assuming you have spoken to him recently?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yep, seen Coops at Christmas and again in town for lunch. He spends most afternoons in the 'downstairs office' (pub) and is generally loving it, if not the commute.

He wants to know if the GT is a V6, with the inference that if it isn't, he'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Alastair
I've got a nice diesel GT, 2006 82k looked after by NJS at Pershore. New front tyres, grey leather. NJS say it's worth £6k. I'll swap it for £5k and the 166.That is assuming it's 3.0 not 2.5.
Chris

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right specs are

2.5 V6 manual
151,000 miles
DSP with bose no cd but mp3 mini jack input
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/233255-sorted-my-sound-system.html
Sunroof
17" horseshoes

work done between 138,000 and 147,000 miles.
new clutch and solid flywheel
new MAF
rear discs and pads
cambelt and tensioners
water pump
Aux belts and tensioners
new dogbone
cat back stainless steel exhaust
new plugs
front upper and lower wishbones replaced
rear wishbones powerflexed and new rosejoints

if anything else comes to mind I'll post

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
forgot to mention general condition:rolleyes:
paintwork mostly good but has the usual dings and scratches that any 12 year old car has.
front splitter has a lot of stone chips unavoidable.
left indicator doesn't centre:rolleyes:
one of the switches for the rear nearside window is broken but window works from switch on door
rear offside door solenoid has just gone door won't unlock from central locking.
Leather interior is in great condition
carpets are good
tyres are probably half way through there life
aircon probably needs a top up usually do it at the beginning of the summer and it lasts till mid winter
ics all works perfectly

can't think of anything else. If anyone can think of any questions to ask even if your not thinking of buying please do.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just had confirmation on the GT pending an MOT this Saturday so the old girl definitely has to go.
A local AOer might be coming round this evening.

·
Registered
837 Posts
At £600 I would be very very intersted in this!! Please can you get in touch with me, i have PM'd my number over to you.

Dan

1 - 20 of 71 Posts