Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. How easy is it to change the mass air flow meter on my GTV V6, Had her on the Engine diagnostics this morning and its gone and been quoted £330 for a new one fitted. A quick search on the net and i can get a new one from EB spares for £145. Is it worth gettin my local garage to fit it or have a go myself . Cheers

·
0 Posts
Simple enough IMHO - method depends on if the whole body needs changing over or just the sensor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Changing the MAF is fairly straightforward. At least it is on my Spider 2.0 TS (don't imagine it's much harder in the V6). I reckon I could change mine in about 20 minuntes.

Have you tried cleaning it? That may be worth a try first to see if it solves the issue (meaning you pay about £6 for a can of Isopropyl Alcohol rather than £145 for a new MAF). The following thread is really helpful:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/124036-maf-cleaning.html

That thread will also help if you find you do have to fit new one since you take the MAF out and refit in order to clean it so it covers that too.

If the MAF placement on V6 is like it is on the 2.0 TS then it will be fixed into the top of the air filter housing. If so it's best to remove the top completely. The MAF is held into the housing by a rubber ring clamped under some metal barackets. It's held firmly even once you take the brackets off. You can ease this out more readily if you take both MAF and top of filter housing out of the car together.

Best of luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts