Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a giulietta 1.4 2013 with cloth seats. I found some leather seats to replace them from a 2014 giulietta. Has anyone every swapped out the seats before or knows if this is possible?

Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes it’s possible, I did the same about 4 or so months ago. Happy to write a ‘How to’ - it’s fairly straight forward

·
Registered
37,362 Posts
I have removed seats and refitted with the same type if that is any help?

It is very straightforward. Just make sure the ignition is off before undoing the connector under them otherwise you will end up with airbag faults.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You should really be disconnecting the battery and waiting 30mins before unplugging the airbag connections

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you do upgrade to the leather seats, maybe insert the couple of thicker spacer washers, maybe a few mm, into the front bolts to tilt the seat back slightly. I read that this really helps with the the comfort feeling of the seat because it effectively gives you slightly more support under your legs just behind your knees. I have a particularly bad back and and I might do this as an upgrade as I find the standard cloverleaf seats, as good as they look, a bit unsupportive under your legs on long journeys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts