Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I currently drive an Alfa romeo 156 JTS and am absolutely loving it. However to my dissapointment, after taking it to be washed and valeted I found that the paint had started to come away from underneath my wing mirror (which is shiny black) and from the base plate (which is a textured matt black).

To fix this problem I decided to by a second hand wing mirror and change over the base plate (the wing mirror I have bought isn't the same colour, but the base plate is). I figure if I use a star screwdriver I can remove the base plate from the second hand wing mirror (I haven't tried yet). I also figure that I can remove the old panel by taking of the internqal plastic back panel, detatching the connection and undoing the three bolts and then removing the original base plate from the wing mirror with the star headed screwdriver and swapping them over. So far I have come unstuck on the smallest of things I started by removing the plastic panel from the inside of the door and immediately one of the metal pins that holds it on has fallen inside of the door :cry: So now the internal plastic panel won't clip back on, where can I get a replacement clip from and do they have a name I can ask for them by? also can anybody advise whether I have the correct idea for replacing the base plate or am I going to come unstuck elsewhere?

R

·
0 Posts
Hi There,

I currently drive an Alfa romeo 156 JTS and am absolutely loving it. However to my dissapointment, after taking it to be washed and valeted I found that the paint had started to come away from underneath my wing mirror (which is shiny black) and from the base plate (which is a textured matt black).

To fix this problem I decided to by a second hand wing mirror and change over the base plate (the wing mirror I have bought isn't the same colour, but the base plate is). I figure if I use a star screwdriver I can remove the base plate from the second hand wing mirror (I haven't tried yet). I also figure that I can remove the old panel by taking of the internqal plastic back panel, detatching the connection and undoing the three bolts and then removing the original base plate from the wing mirror with the star headed screwdriver and swapping them over. So far I have come unstuck on the smallest of things I started by removing the plastic panel from the inside of the door and immediately one of the metal pins that holds it on has fallen inside of the door :cry: So now the internal plastic panel won't clip back on, where can I get a replacement clip from and do they have a name I can ask for them by? also can anybody advise whether I have the correct idea for replacing the base plate or am I going to come unstuck elsewhere?

Hi, thats all correct for mirror change PM Ned @ autolusso, he'll sort you one out :thumbs:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/members/autolusso.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts