Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, sorry for the dumb question, but I want to replace my front disks on my Brera S, it has the 330mm disks with Brembo callipers.

My concern is that on the back of the calliper there is a solid brake pipe connected, so I am thinking to remove the calliper to allow me to fit the disks, I will have to undo this breaking the brake line so will the fluid escape ? or do you just block it off with something.

In the past when I changed disks on my 166, the calliper was connected with a flexi pipe allowing me to move it out the way.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well assuming my 330 Brembo set up is the same then you do not need to disconnect the lines, but if you cannot get the F ing caliper pins out then you might have to (see my post in the what have you done to your car today post)
I'm assuming you are changing the pads, if so get yourself a set of pins just in case. Bleeding the brakes was very simple, a hose clamp for the flexi brake line reduces loss of fluid, costs pennies and means less bleeding.

·
Registered
30,033 Posts
My concern is that on the back of the calliper there is a solid brake pipe connected, so I am thinking to remove the calliper to allow me to fit the disks, I will have to undo this breaking the brake line...
There is a flexi pipe, there is just a short rigid section from the caliper to the flexi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts