Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it an easy job to change the front brake discs on a 147. i've noticed there is a bit of a lip on the discs so thought id better change sooner rather than later. also if i brake hard it feels like there is something sticking through the pedal into my foot, a bit like the arm its on pushes through the flat bit where you put your foot (im not the best at describing things:lol: ) could this just the abs working or something else

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
ABS feels like a buzzing pedal when it kicks in...which you feel through your foot...

Discs are easy enough to change. Remove the calliper and support it (tie/wire it up to the road spring), remove the carrier (2x13mm bolts IIRC), take the locating peg off (10mm deep socket, again IIRC) and the disc should come off. It might need a bit of persuading with a soft hammer.

Change the pads at the same time. You'll need something to retract the pistons, and watch the fluid level in the reservoir while you're doing it - it may overflow - or release the bleed screw, if it looks like it'll undo.

That's how it is in the 156 anyway :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts