Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Has any of you changed battery on Mito? Please advise how to remove the belt holding it from above and the thick wrap holding it around.

Today had -18C and the battery is flat now :( Experience with local Alfa dealership is not inspiring, so thought to do it myself, but got stuck removing the old battery. Any advises on how to chose new battery also appreciated (size, capacity, what else to look?). Unfortunately Mito manual has zero information on this topic...
Thanks!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I guess it's the same on all engines, so here goes on the QV:

The strap is held down on side facing the engine by a M8 nut (13 mm spanner width). Use a top and a long extension to reach it. After removing the nut and the cables the battery should be free to be removed.
I just changed mine. I bought it from the dealership, cost around 105£
Not cheap, but remember it must be made for start/stop usage.

Varta D52 Silver Dynamic AGM is the battery I ended up with

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi. Remove as leo.dk says. In UK, Physical size of battery is 012 for petrols, 027 for diesels. IT IS NOT 096 !
EFM/AGM is needed for stop/start cars. The wrap just lifts off. Buy the biggest capacity you can afford.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi. Remove as leo.dk says. In UK, Physical size of battery is 012 for petrols, 027 for diesels. IT IS NOT 096 !
EFM/AGM is needed for stop/start cars. The wrap just lifts off. Buy the biggest capacity you can afford.
Can anyone confirm I need a 027 size for my 1.3jtdm 2009, all the online checks are recommending 096

Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Can anyone confirm I need a 027 size for my 1.3jtdm 2009, all the online checks are recommending 096

Cheers,
Paul
Doesn't it have the battery code on the one in the car?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts

Cheers,
Paul
Big difference in size from an 027 to an 096.
027 is 242mm long, 096 is 278mm long.

Place I just checked online said 027, same as previous post above.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just had a new battery fitted, the one in the car was a 012 for a petrol car, the reason for replacing was the positive terminal had badly corroded causing the positive lead to become loose.
Replaced with a 027 which is bigger and fills the battery tray, a 096 would be too big to fit in the battery tray.
Car is a 2009 59 plate Mito 1.3jtdm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts