Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im changing my headlight when it comes in the post, just wondered if this is a strightforward job or does the bonet have to come off?
cheers guys

·
Registered
725 Posts
Probably easier with the bonnet off but not essential. Remove grille. You may need to remove the wheelarch liner on the side you want to change. There is a nut /stud which goes through a hole in the wing. The way it is fixed seems a bit variable. I have had one where the nut was behind the indicator unit and another where the nut was on the inside of the wing.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
No mate, no need to remove the bonnet.

Bonnet shut, remove the front grille.

Bonnet open, remove the side indicators ( just pull the safety wire off the hook and they come off )

Remove 2 or 3 nuts on top and 1 nut on the side ( accessible since you removed the grille )

Shut bonnet gently

Pull them out ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys! i just remebered someone saying it a was hard (think it was changing the radiaor) but seems quite straight forward
thanks this time next week my 33 will be on the read at long last! i spoke to a guy called alex who sells 33 parts and he said theres only 92 1.7 16v cloverleafs left in the uk aswell

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah either that or he ment s3 33s. i donno i'll ask him but he works for the dvla

1 - 6 of 6 Posts