Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just completing a relocation to Big Island Hawaii, and made the big decision to bring the '91 164s with me. Now, Hilo is a pretty small town, but I have already seen another 164, and a Milano here, so figured it was a good sign they are on the road, driven as they should be. I was almost resigned to getting a Honda here. Though I miss it already, I decided to store my 74 Spider in sunny CO, figuring it would just turn to a pile of rust in a matter of minutes in humid tropical salt air. We have our sunny days, but the facts are I live in a town that gets 200 inches of rain a year. It just isnt convertible weather. Given proximity to work and the 164's history, maintenance should be light. I am looking forward to once again enjoy a driver's car on narrow, winding roads, and an excuse to get some grease under my fingernails while admiring sculptured aluminum castings and to converse with alfisti again.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hello mate:) 200 inches of rain a year? Thats a 5h!T load and definatly not for the convertable. Good luck settling in at your new home and AO. Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grazie mille for the welcome. Probably should have mentioned I was in the Colorado chapter ACOC and national AROC for about 15 years. The photo is from the Alfa Circo fall track event a few years back, an even I am missing this year. Thanks to email, I can still keep up with all them- always pleasant company, great road trips. Oh, and I should probably have mentioned a 73 Spider project, 50% complete and 95% yet to finish, and still in CO. Not quite ready to part with that yet, either. Kids learned to DRIVE in that car. Ciao, and thanks again for the welcome.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
We've got plenty of the wet stuff here at the present time, as folks in Wales and elsewhere will verify!!! So, spyders are a bit unused over here at the mo', but we should of been prepared for this, as I reckon we have been lulled into thinking we are more Mediterranean than we actually are!:rolleyes:

As a lad, back in the forties, the odd dry hot summer, but my mum got me a pair of Wellingtons, very early on in my life, to trudge this Green and Pleasant Land!:D

We are a moist, damp, country, and Bronchitis has been termed the English,(British) disease for years, so wake up you UK'ers, and watch the grass grow!!:D:lol:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi and welcome! Be warned... This site is addictive. (I'm at work right now :lol: )!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts