Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys :D After a lengthy discussion about the amount of 'stickies' there were in the 156/147/GT lounge David P and I have been busy putting together a cover all how to sticky which should do the job of all of the other stickies there were in that lounge!

Huge thanks to Dave - I just posted up all the collation of threads he's done :thumbs:

Hope that helps in that lounge; please let a Mod know if you think another thread needs to be added to it or if any links stop working ;)

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/246218-147-156-gt-how-to-thread.html

·
Super Moderator
85,920 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:tut: Behave DP - this took long enough to do :eek:

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
Yes but there are a couple of technical issues which are extremely important to members and deserve a higher profile.

The 'brake pipe' issue for one. This is a very serious (and constantly emerging) problem on all 156s and needs to be profiled very highly. Obviously, we do need to stop our Alfas, the problem of the brakepipe itself being hidden behind wheelarch covers not helping much (particularly at MOT time). I would have thought we should try and keep our members alive and well, most of the time anyway:lol:

Of course I would be surprised about the JTD waterpump problem, as I started it and maintain the list. Again, a high profile is needed as this is affecting all multi-valve JTD Alfas with consequent destruction of the cambelt. Again, if you wish to send the thread into the depths, that's fine. Just don't expect me to maintain the list and contribute to it any further:lol:

I do agree though the list had gone far too long. Just the wrong balance has been struck really.

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
This is simply excellent, thank you for investing the time.

Good work and will be extremely helpful to our newbies.
Don't see how it can, given the reasons above.

And you generally don't invest a great deal of time when everything is chopped, bar one thread.

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Don't see how it can, given the reasons above.

And you generally don't invest a great deal of time when everything is chopped, bar one thread.
Stop moaning about everything :tut: you even moan about the weather according to your status and your in Spain. :cheese:
Someone has spent their own time in putting the links in a post for nothing other than to help others, so stop moaning for god sake. :p

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
Yes I did go into the 'how to' thread. I admit that is a clever way of doing it.

Just doesn't have the same impact, but I do agree the list was too long:lol:

It rains here as well - don't talk about last winter, or April, or May:cry:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The format has worked successfully in the 916 lounge and saved a great deal of searching for relevant information. The same format can be used eventually in other lounges, given time :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Steve :) I've tweaked it a bit - just to make the links look tidier still - and added a couple of threads people have let me know about. It will gradually build into a great resource, but needs help from regular users of that lounge :)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
brilliant job paintergirl, very useful link i defo tink it will come in very handy. thanks again

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Will :thumbs: You can buy me a pint on Thursday :p

It's a big thank you to all the thread contributors and DP for organising it :D Don't worry, I won't make you buy all of those a pint ;)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
u drink pints? wud u not rather have a morgans and diet coke?
i cannae afford to buy everyone a pint i just bought a house last week and booked my wedding so me becoming very skint hehe

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
u drink pints? wud u not rather have a morgans and diet coke?
i cannae afford to buy everyone a pint i just bought a house last week and booked my wedding so me becoming very skint hehe
You have seen me drink pints you numpty :lol: None of that John Smith's rubbish either - proper pints ;) Morgan's would do though :D

Congrats on the house - Mr PG said he'd caught you pervving the bathroom sets in Wickes :tut: :D

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts