Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know I had an issue wuth my loom, and chaged it a the cables were battered, ny way its a very easy job to dotoo ke about 15mins really.

BUT, the rubber section i turned upside down!! Thee reason? Well alfa must have actually put it in the wrong way, the rubber section when you close the boot give it a very big almost 90 deg bend, well upside down, the cable has a very very soft bent which should make it last a lot longer, and it sits fully inside the boot, before you could see it when the boot was **** ans it was sitting on the rubber, ill take pics. Just thought id share this with you!! Exuse my spelling im on a wireless keybors and cant really see what im doing

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
hehe - almost like one of pomeos posts :D
It aint watt you say its the way that you say it..ken wott a mean ken..err niall:lol:

So if i get this wan right...Esh hus a problemo wie his woom:cheese:

Pomeo

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did you fit a new bootlid loom? If so how expensive was it... My boot light has never worked neither the 'boot open' instrument display warning lamp. Have lived without but if its an easy fix (fault not being with the lock microswitch of course).
Or was it a case of checking continuity of the each cable and replacing appropriately?
The tip to flip the way the cable is installed is excellent, you've fixed it!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
About 61.35 now the buggers! I got mine from Mangoletsi 01565 722899 part no 60689371 cable harnes.

You might need to take out a rear dsp speaker tho if you have them! Under the boot, where the nuts are for the p/shelf you will see a little white nubbin, just put a light hammer to that, this will realise the plug.

Go in the back of the car, take out the dsp if needed, you will see the white plug you need to unclip and release.

Back in the book, just pull out the cable.

Feed the new plug in...tricky if you have big fingers..........the rest is easy!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts