Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my pollen filter this afternoon.

It was quite fiddly trying to get into the passengers oot well but overall didnt take long. 20 min job...

What i couldn't believe is that the original large filter was still there ! Its an 03 plate 156 and even has full service stamps up to 10000miles ago.

I bet ther previous owner has paid for the new filters too! lol

Well thats one little job now any how, now looking for the next job... door straps :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have they all got pollen filters?? ive had mine, 51 plate for years serviced the life out of it but missed that one LOL

if so where is it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think only if you have climate control?, Its either under the passengers foot well on the post 02 plates Or behind the shuttle panel (under the passenger sceen wash jet). I thought mine was there first and had a panic as nothing was there lol.

Id check it out, as my was covered in all sorts. cant tell much from the picture but the one half had some much rubbish in filled the gaps in the flitter... 8 years worth.

·
Registered
30,074 Posts
Have they all got pollen filters?? ive had mine, 51 plate for years serviced the life out of it but missed that one LOL
A "51" plate will only have it if you have A/C and it will be under the scuttle-panel at the base of the windscreen outside the car on the passenger side.

·
Registered
60 Posts
looking at ebay these seem to come in pairs. Do you need two or is it just the way they are sold#?

where is it located on facelift 147 model?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The factory fitted filters are one piece, the field-replacement units are two piece since the one piece can be quite difficult to slot in once the climate control unit is fitted to the car.

My 54 plate 47 has a full service history, but still had it's one piece factory fitted filter. When I replaced it last year, I noticed an improvement in the air flow coming from the climate control, so it's well worth doing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cheers

I have Climate that may explain the lack of output from the heater even with the fan on full tilt.

i had an 72 MG GT once so i have never paid that much attention to heaters etc got used to living in the cold and scraping the ice off the inside of the windows. So any car is better than that,

Thanks for the info, Im on with the Diesel pump at the moment so ill attack that one later.

·
Administrator
87,039 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
under scuttle panel pollen filter x reg 156 £14
not me...... remove filter spray with detergent and
wash under lukewarm tap for 5 min dry out re glue
any parts adrift and replace ensuring it is the correct
way up
signed. tight scots git.....................

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
now that is tight !!!!

a few pounds saving, but when u take into account the cost of detergant, a fair few gallons of warm water some heat source to dry it in the winter, plus glue, and your time......was it worth it :)

equally tight yorkshire man.......who as just bought some for my gt

Gary

·
Registered
107 Posts
So im hoping that would explain why on my pre facelift 156 s/w with a facelift interior :confused: the air flow even on full chat is like a fat asthmatic blowing through a straw? doing my bloody nut in! haha, my last 156 (pre facelift) was like sticking your head in a windtunnel, im also getting what seems like a misfire at low revs, and the control unit failure warning light, (translated this in the handbook it says an ignition problem) i was thinking a new set of spark plugs but anything else anyone can think of before i shell out for plugs?

Thanks

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts