Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title says, this has to rank as the most frustrating ridiculous job I've ever attempted on any car I've ever owned. I love the g and how she looks so bought a set of upgraded lamps to set it off. Three hours later, a bad back, shredded wrist and a grade one headache through looking at a mirror back to front they're in and I hope to god neither blows in the next three years. To anyone mad enough to think after this they might want to tackle it, make sure you have plenty of daylight and decent weather. Btw they look great!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha they just look so much better next to the drl's, white as opposed to yellow. Not worked out how to upload yet

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha ha they just look so much better next to the drl's, white as opposed to yellow. Not worked out how to upload yet

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
what bulbs did you get in the end?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Great choice in bulbs - I fitted them over 3 years ago - did the main beam and fogs with the same ones too. Looks ace and you can see better and further imho

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I'll do the main beams next, they look an absolute breeze compared to the dipped. Honestly I woke up this morning had a look at my wrist and it looks like I've been self harming!:lol:

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Clearly you have never changed the bulbs in a 147 then. Even harder :p

Giulietta is not too hard, did you know to remove the washer filler tube?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes,removed the neck of the water bottle, made it marginally easier. Tbh if halfords would have stocked the ultras I'd have been straight down there offering them wads of wonga to fit them,whilst I spent an enjoyable hour or two browsing in store:cool:!

T

·
0 Posts
Ultra power bright 5000k, got them off ebay for £6 best offer.
Glad you're happy with the recommendation :thumbs:

I must thank GeeCee who originally recommended them to me :)

I'm tempted to change the high beams to the same bulbs.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Next time a high beam or fog light goes I will buy some ready to fit.
Unfortunately I too suffer from back issues after a fall years ago and will be looking for the kids to help me out here.

Just been readjusting my headlights but hope I have adjusted the right adjusters to raise them after the MoT turned them down recently. First time out in the dark last night following MoT and my lights are now useless because they shine just in front (15 to 20 feet) of the car.

·
Registered
98 Posts
three hours to change the dipped beam bulbs? It takes me 2 mins...you need to take a photo with a smart phone....or learn to change the bulbs on an older Renault clio....at least its not an audi a6 I guess....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2 minutes??!! :inlove: Would pay very good money to see that. Believe me, I'm no dib dob and I'm (usually) ! Quite good in the dexterity department but 2 minutes,please pm me your address for when the next one blows :lol:Methinks we should start something here and see if anyone can beat this Olympian time.........!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
2 minutes??!! :inlove: Would pay very good money to see that. Believe me, I'm no dib dob and I'm (usually) ! Quite good in the dexterity department but 2 minutes,please pm me your address for when the next one blows :lol:
I suspect 2 mins is an exaggeration but it's certainly true it gets easier the 2nd time around.

My first attempt took ages but it was only like 10 mins for the other side. An extendible mirror tool definitely helps.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes in mitigation the ridiculous clip thing fell off on the first one, I had a devil of a time trying to reattach it, the second one (passenger side) which has even less room was marginally easier,I suspect because I managed to not dislodge the clip.

S

·
0 Posts
Just fitted the Philips extremes to both dipped and full beam lights on my Giulietta. Used a mirror on a stick, absolutely essential. Took me about an hour to do all four bulbs. Didn't drop anything or loose any of the clips.
Have to say the hardest part was getting the clips back in after replacing the bulbs on the dipped ben lights. It's hard to know how much pressure to apply to make sure the clips are seated correctly. Plus I have massive hands and my wrists are now shedding skin!
The full beam ones were an absolute doddle though. Didn't need the mirror, could see everything.
Why didn't they design the light cluster so the dipped beam was on top and so easy to change as it will be the one most likely to blow?
Will see if they are any better at 3.30am on my drive to work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh dear! Just bought a HID kit for mt 2.0 Veloce and after reading this I AM WORRIED!

Wish me luck fitting a HID conversion kit to my 2.0 Veloce chaps, although I've just noticed that the thread creator who sounds as though he had a mare has a 1.4T so I'm hoping my 2.0might be easier........mind you, who am I kidding eh? (apart from myself lol) Any advice would be great BTW?

S

·
0 Posts
All I'll say is that after fitting dipped and main beam lights on Sunday and then having to adjust both near side bulbs last night cus they were not seated correctly and so the beams were pointing in the wrong direction, my fingers, knuckles, wrists and forearms are black and blue, that's were there's skin left.
I only hope these bulbs last cus it's not an experience I want to repeat anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts