Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The way usernames and signatures are displayed in threads has changed.

Firstly, the username font is now smaller and less prominent.

Secondly, the signature font is now bigger and more prominent making it appear like part of the text in the post.

I don't like it.

Change is bad!! :(

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
I like most of the changes, but I have to agree with Roswell about the user names and signatures.

Sorry :(

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
It's been discussed elsewhere and think it's an ongoing things at the moment chaps !! ;)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I think Roswell has made a good point...

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
The way usernames and signatures are displayed in threads has changed.

Firstly, the username font is now smaller and less prominent.

Secondly, the signature font is now bigger and more prominent making it appear like part of the text in the post.

I don't like it.

Change is bad!! :(
Do you ever stop moaning?:eek: :rolleyes: I did post up yesterday that its not finished. I spent my entire yesterday ALL DAY doing it till 3am or something this morning and was back up at 6:30, so its no wonder I get so god damn annoyed that you even bothered to make this post!

Why did I bother to reply... It had something to do with the lack of smilies, therefore its not a joke and that you started of with firstly and secondly like I am supposed to ask!

Christ man!

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I appreciate all the hardwork that you are putting into this place for us guys, and I'm sure others do too. I'm not brown-nosing, just being honest! :)

Simon

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
AO, I think every member of the forum realy appreciates all the work that you and the Mods do in keeping the forum running. :) I'm sure that it must often appear that we are ungrateful, and sometimes you must feel that you have taken on a thankless task.

You should be proud of what you have created (easily the best car related froum I've ever been on :)) even though I'm sure sometimes like Frankenstein it must feel as if you've created a monster.

I guess we're all keen to give you as much assistance as possible in improving the site, but sometimes we're unsure how to do this, and perhaps at times it just seems as if we're moaning. I think Roswell was trying to be constructive in what he said, and give you feedback to help you make the forum even more user friendly :)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alfaowner said:
Do you ever stop moaning?:eek: :rolleyes:
Is this directed at me personally or the AO members in general? :confused:

alfaowner said:
I did post up yesterday that it’s not finished. I spent my entire yesterday ALL DAY doing it till 3am or something this morning and was back up at 6:30, so its no wonder I get so god dam annoyed that you even bothered to make this post!

Why did I bother to reply... It has something to do with the lack of smilies, therefore its not a joke and that you started of with firstly and secondly like I am supposed to ask!

Christ man!
I didn't read yesterday's post. If I had done I wouldn't have posted this thread.

I worked nightshift last night and I’ve only had about four hours sleep today myself.

I appreciate all the hard work you and your team put in to this wonderful forum which I use very regularly.

There are no smilies in my initial post as I wasn't joking, ranting or being sarcastic; just making what I thought was a valid point.

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
@ Gary - Thanks for the well written post above.

I don't think for one second you guys don't appreciate us, we are constantly receiving kind words by email and pms/posts etc that we know we are doing a good job for you all (Bar server overloads).

Honestly I cannot remember the last time someone annoyed me like this, I like most forms of criticism, actually in fact, I constantly leave ourselves open to it so that we get an even happy medium which is why I think the whole AO site/concept works, however, what I didn't appreciate was the under tones in Roswell's post, its abrupt, bad karma / negative attitude. Don't cant hate!!!

However, because of my lack of sleep, I made a mistake. I assumed that Roswell had seen our posts about the board not being finished, but even so, this could have been written far more friendly than it was! If you wish to leave feedback, make sure it is written in a positive fashion or just dont bother. I hope this has taught us both something, we need to sleep more!

I'm only sorry if you are Roswell :cry:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Okay ... okay ... okay everyone already :rolleyes:

Hugs all around alright :D (not me I didn't do or say anything :p)

So that HE can get back to WORK!!! :rant: :rolleyes:

:lol: :D :lol:

:cool: ;)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
AO deserves special leave (R&R) rest and recreation, away from the firing line after his Sterling input, which I think is absolutely splendid.As a relatively Newbie on the site, and knowing so little about Web sites and computers in general, I am amazed that I have found I am able to spend so many happy hours talking to people with similar(up to a point) interests. Just happy to be able to use it.Thanks.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think this unfortunate incident just goes to show how difficult it is to express emotion on an internet forum.

There was a smilie to express ‘oh, something has changed. I don’t like it but I’ll get used to it’.

However, having re-read my initial post I can see how it was taken out of context.

Let’s forget it and move on. :)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Ian,
Like Roswell, I think I owe you an apology too. I didn't see the other thread either, but agreed with him regarding the look.

Like everyone else on this forum, I really appreciate the hardwork you and all the other mods put into making this place the great forum it is. I probably have more reasons than most for appreciating its existence at at the moment ;)

I hope no offence was taken as none was intended :(

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Ian,
Like Roswell, I think I owe you an apology too. I didn't see the other thread either, but agreed with him regarding the look.

Like everyone else on this forum, I really appreciate the hardwork you and all the other mods put into making this place the great forum it is. I probably have more reasons than most for appreciating its existence at at the moment ;)

I hope no offence was taken as none was intended :(
Hi Lynn,

I didnt have a problem with your post or you and neither do I have a problem with Roswell, I am just glad that I got it off my chest and we moved along quickly.

I am also very happy to know we are helping you out. Car trouble?

Thanks for writing.

Ian

·
Registered
67 Posts
Human beings being human...
Great job AO end of story. A great thread to remind us that AO's are a passionate bunch who are able to express their opinions on the forum and at the end of the day be better off for it!

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Welcome to AO. :)

My post count says it all. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts