Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Ive just bought a `99 2.5 166. The standard alfa logo`d cd changer in the boot is missing its cd magazine. How can I identify the make of changer so I can try and track down the cd magazine? Or does anyone here have a magazine from a duff changer?

Thanks, Lee

·
Registered
Alfa 145, Spider, Chrysler Delta
7,120 Posts
Hi

you need a Becker unit, only a particular Becker CD changer will work with the ICS, however the cartridge is fairly generic, IIRC the mechanism is Sony and Becker re-engineer it so even some Sony models will work.

HTH

·
Registered
Alfa 145, Spider, Chrysler Delta
7,120 Posts
the top one looks like a contender, it has a big groove running up the middle like mine, not so the second one, unless its upside down or something

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, wow theyre not cheap for a poxy bit of plastic :lol: ahh the world of 166 ownership compared to other alfas eh!!!

Cheers Lee

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hi Leebex

Not sure if it helps but I just checked mine and its a "Fiat" unit. It is velco'd into place too. Not fully fitted like my last 166. I guess a standard Fiat multichanger might also fit?

Could be a cheaper alternative as I'm sure there must be plenty of them out there from scrapped Fiats.

·
Registered
933 Posts
As far as I am aware (mainly from what I read on the posts on here), they are all marked as a FIAT unit on the label on the back, but unaware of any changer that works with the ICS other than the official part number - 606 706 01 as per item 5 in the attached.

http://www.spangerum.com:7080/navi?MOD_COD=136&COUNTRY=012&GRP_COD=555&CAT_COD=W9&SBMK=R&DRIVE=S&MAKE=R&COMM_MODEL=166&ALL_FIG=0&LANGUAGE=3&PREVIOUS_KEY=PARTDRAWDATA&NEW_HTTP=TRUE&ALL_LIST_PART=0&SB_CODE=-1&KEY=PARTDRAWDATA&SEARCH_TYPE=codpart&PRINT_MODE=0&EPER_CAT=SP&GUI_LANG=3&WINDOW_ID=1&SGRP_COD=21&SGS_COD=0&DRW_NUM=3

unless they are via an fm modulator.

AH - what's the part number on yours?

Bob

ps: Lee, the link is for an old eper (don't know how old Release 18 is), but just for a "laugh" look at the price of part 13 (the cartridge) :eek: - makes that first ebay item I listed a bargain! :D

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
i've just got a sony changer to nick the mechanism for my knackered changer and it does seem identical (apart from the badge!) - part number CDX-T62....assume the cart is identical but will confirm later - fiddling time limited as my 2 day only daughter has just arrived home :D

·
Registered
933 Posts
i've just got a sony changer to nick the mechanism for my knackered changer and it does seem identical (apart from the badge!) - part number CDX-T62....assume the cart is identical but will confirm later - fiddling time limited as my 2 day only daughter has just arrived home :D
Niall, congratulations to Mrs Niall, Yourself and family!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats to you and your other half Niall, id be very interested if the magazine fits. And just checked out the price on that eper, £65 inc vat :wow: jeez!!! :lol:

Lee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.