Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fantastic!!!:D :D :D :D

Hard luck Liverpool, nearly good enough....but not quite. Maybe next year. ;)

*waits*

*expecting the usual LFC response of...."well, we still have more European cups than you ner-ner-ne-nerr" :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I'm gutted but well played to yous lot.

And of course, there's always next year........ FACT!!

:D

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh and Scott (Milowokie) :thumbs:
I have so enjoyed seeing that 1-4 scoreboard in your sig for the last few weeks.

Battle lost.

War won. Again.

FACT.:D :lol: :p

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still doesn't change the FACT that on the day, we're better than you.

TWICE!
:lol:

And your trophy haul this season is?.......:lol:

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
:lol:

And your trophy haul this season is?.......:lol:
Trust a United fan to take the short term view.

We are still the team your red-nosed ranting manager wishes to be rated against, over all, I think we may just have a bigger trophy room than you.:thumbs:

Of course, having not won the Championship since 1990, has given you, nearly twenty years to CATCH UP, rather than DO BETTER.

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course, having not won the Championship since 1990, has given you, nearly twenty years to CATCH UP, rather than DO BETTER.
You've had 20 years, TWENTY years to win one yourselves.

I don't know if the picture below is big enough for you to read but it shows the areas we are champions of....;) :p

Attachments

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
odd that,

Champions of the Universe, can't win at Anfield.

see below for Old Trafford Version.

Is the rumour of a Starship full of Man U fans landed at the cricket ground by mistake true? I know they come far but.....

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
odd that,

Is the rumour of a Starship full of Man U fans landed at the cricket ground by mistake true? I know they come far but.....

"Universe"? :confused: Just the world.

Who is being short term now?

Bitter, bitter response Scott. It's also a bit rich when most Liverpool fans come from Wales or further afield. Most Liverpudlian residents seem to support Everton.

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
sorry, I forgot you're JUST Champions of the World.

It does seem that some (not Jim who takes things in the spirit they're presented) Man U fans seem to think that they support the best team that ever existed. As a Liverpool fan, I can see just how successful MU have been over the past 20 years, but Arsenal ran them close for many seasons, until Chelski and the money boys decided to ruin the party.

It would appear that it is not the best TEAM that wins, but the best SQUAD. Those with the funds to put high-class players on the bench 'just in case' will do better than those who have to play they're class players week in, week out. Not a critisism of MU, but just the way things are going. I hope we see a change to squad size and salaries in order to keep the Premiership a competetive league.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Congratulations Manchester Utd.

Hopefully next year Liverpool can make it an even closer and better title race than this.
I think Manchester Utd fans would be foolish to not give Liverpool much chance next season. Say what you will about the 4-1 win. But, Liverpool have been so confident since that win that I believe they now believe themselves that they are capable of winning it. Something that has been missing about the Liverpool of the last 18 years.

As a neutral in this rivalry I don't mind who wins as they are both great teams. Old enough to remember the Liverpool of old and the Man Utd of the last 20 years.

As a supporter of a team that used to play football the right way (Norwich). I greatly admire both Liverpool and Man Utd as they both have great players and play great football.

I am afraid though Man Utd fans.We neutrals, as Sir Alex himself I believe, still rate Liverpool as the greatest of all time and until you go clear in league wins and at least match Liverpool's European Cup wins, we will carry on believing it.;)

H

·
0 Posts
I've been watching football for about 25 years now, and in my honest opinion, this Utd team is about the best i've ever seen. I've spent plenty of time having the right royal 'ump with utd teams over the years, but this current generation team has been an absolute pleasure to watch.

The best team won in the end.

Best of luck liverpool and Arsenal with catching Utd next year (although I won't wish any luck to Chelsea at all)

And good luck to Utd in the Champions League

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well what a season up downs but in the end the best team won, as for Liverpool they tried but could not win enough games, we did so well done to united all hail to SAF. As for next season who knows will just have to wait and see :thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
odd that,

I soppose not winning at Anfield might just be bearable if you win everywhere else. Well done to the dirty Reds.

·
Administrator
45,165 Posts
Still doesn't change the FACT that on the day, we're better than you.

TWICE!
:cheese:

Well done. You've won the Man City 'we did the double over United' cup off them.

:cheese:

I realise it's all you've got to cling to, but I care more about Everton beating us than I do Liverpool - that one stopped us winning a trophy, your win did nothing but give you false hope.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
"Universe"? :confused: Just the world.

Who is being short term now?

Bitter, bitter response Scott. It's also a bit rich when most Liverpool fans come from Wales or further afield. Most Liverpudlian residents seem to support Everton.
Does that mean that when we move area we have to support another team then :confused:

Q: What has Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon at 4.45pm got in common with Wormwood Scrubs Prison?
A: They are both full of cockneys trying to get out.

:p :lol: :p

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts
well done to MUFC, the team has proven how good it is aside from a small blip in the middle. a joy to watch, a team full of world class players and of course the best player in the world. i still wont forgive him for getting Rooney sent off in the world cup 2006 but Cristiano Ronaldo IS the best player in the world right now and probably will be for quite some time to come. well done to Man United, hats off to the team, well done to all the staff involved, you thoroughly deserved it and the best of luck in the Champions League :)

but of course, none of this really matters to me because seeing as Newcastle lost and both Hull City and Middlesbrough drew, my beloved Blackburn are now mathematically safe :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We are still the team your red-nosed ranting manager wishes to be rated against, over all, I think we may just have a bigger trophy room than you.:thumbs:
Talking of ranting managers...:lol:
Seriously, that is a fair point and most United fans would doff their hats to those great players from Liverpool of the 70's and 80's.

I'm not completely sure you have a bigger trophy room any more TBH. Not that I've checked but now that your favourite league titles taunt has gone it leaves a couple of CL's but you are several FA Cups light and there are probably a number of minor trophies like the Community Shield and World Championship that could tilt the balance in outright numbers I suspect.

For sure, you have the dustier trophy room and it will certainly look bigger these days with nothing in it! ;) :lol:

Congratulations Manchester Utd.

Hopefully next year Liverpool can make it an even closer and better title race than this.

As a neutral in this rivalry I don't mind who wins as they are both great teams. Old enough to remember the Liverpool of old and the Man Utd of the last 20 years.

We neutrals, as Sir Alex himself I believe, still rate Liverpool as the greatest of all time and until you go clear in league wins and at least match Liverpool's European Cup wins, we will carry on believing it.;)
Thanks. It was close enough for us to be genuinely worried this year if truth be told. I'm old enough to remember their dominance, arrogance and skill and us being deservedly relegated playing rubbish under the Doc.:rolleyes: Your final point is fair but we'd probably have a case for claiming to be the best British team in modern times.

I soppose not winning at Anfield might just be bearable if you win everywhere else. Well done to the dirty Reds.
Keith, you are a gent mate.:thumbs:

Does that mean that when we move area we have to support another team then :confused:
Of course not but why do you lot get prickly about it being pointed out that you're the same as some of our fans but take such pleasure in having a go at them?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry, I forgot you're JUST Champions of the World.

It does seem that some (not Jim who takes things in the spirit they're presented) Man U fans seem to think that they support the best team that ever existed. As a Liverpool fan, I can see just how successful MU have been over the past 20 years
It is all just banter as far as I'm concerned Scott as I'm (fairly) sure you know.

I do know we would not have heard the last of the crowing for many months had Liverpool finally shook that monkey off its back and would have had to accept it put you two ahead and the usual success taunts would have continued even worse.

So this is a really good one. Not so much for how it lifts us but because we know how hard it strikes at you lot. It's priceless. That's football mate.:D ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts