Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With it being a 97, It'll be a 16valve.

2.0 liters have a cam belt and a balancer shaft belt, as well as the usual auxilluary (fan) drive belt. ............

:rolleyes: Just seen the Mod please delete. Why? Its not a daft question some early w/b's came with the 8 valve engine which did use chains. (I think.) :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
daiblack said:
Some did chris but they were the first 1.8 widebodys AFAIK all 2 litre widebodys are 16 valve :rolleyes:
It's quite a funny story actually, after posing the question the garage rang me back, with such a big apology, I was there arging with them that I had cam belts, and the woman was REALLY getting her hair off with me... she was even trying to tell me that my car was a 156, and this was after I had given them the chassis number and reg plate...

anyhow, after my apology she did indeed say that mine is a cam belt driven car ( As I thought it was ).

I asked for it to be deleted, as I thought you would all laugh at me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anyhow.. it is going in to have the cam, balance belts done, tensioners, and will cost about £350..

nice, better than Automeo, even with the hassle....

thankyou to everyone ( I am geeting all emotional now )

LOL

Andipandy

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
andiwoo said:
It's quite a funny story actually, after posing the question the garage rang me back, with such a big apology, I was there arging with them that I had cam belts, and the woman was REALLY getting her hair off with me... she was even trying to tell me that my car was a 156, and this was after I had given them the chassis number and reg plate...

anyhow, after my apology she did indeed say that mine is a cam belt driven car ( As I thought it was ).

I asked for it to be deleted, as I thought you would all laugh at me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anyhow.. it is going in to have the cam, balance belts done, tensioners, and will cost about £350..

nice, better than Automeo, even with the hassle....

thankyou to everyone ( I am geeting all emotional now )

LOL

Andipandy
Nice one, does that include the variator, if not it may be worth getting it done anyway, think its £80 extra, especially if youve got even a hint of a diesal sound on start up when cold :D :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alfajack said:
Nice one, does that include the variator, if not it may be worth getting it done anyway, think its £80 extra, especially if youve got even a hint of a diesal sound on start up when cold :D :)
Engine sounds sweet, and the variator was changed 30k ago, so I should be safe...

but good point none the less, the car only has 62k, one previous owner, FSH..

rock on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts