Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this is possible? My stepper motor is goosed on my CF2 Twin Spark, but getting a replacement seems impossible, a used one seems pretty difficult too. There are however, many used throttle bodies with stepper motor that appear to be for the CF3 engine from 147's / 156's on ebay.

The concerns are the interface with the manifold, physical electrical connection and the compatibility with the ecu.

Also, as a later developed part, are they more reliable over the CF2 version?

Really stuck otherwise. Finding keeping my Spider in working order more and more difficult due to availability of some parts.

Cheers,

Jamie

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
CF3 are fly-by-wire. So can't use on a CF2 as you need something to attach your throttle cable too.

Don't think you'll be able to mix & match bits of each either.

One from a CF2 156 could be the same. Same 32301 engine code.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David.
You are quite right. Totally forgot about it was cable operated. CF2 versions from a 156 and 147 are also rare i am finding and likely to be on their way out too I feel. Back to the drawing board. Just trying to think of an alternative.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone know if this is possible? My stepper motor is goosed on my CF2 Twin Spark, but getting a replacement seems impossible, a used one seems pretty difficult too. There are however, many used throttle bodies with stepper motor that appear to be for the CF3 engine from 147's / 156's on ebay.

The concerns are the interface with the manifold, physical electrical connection and the compatibility with the ecu.

Also, as a later developed part, are they more reliable over the CF2 version?

Really stuck otherwise. Finding keeping my Spider in working order more and more difficult due to availability of some parts.

Cheers,

Jamie
There are few on ebay, and a few currently been broken

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen a few. They are my last resort as I only see them as a short term solution if they work at all. Mine has a tendency to play up only when the engine is hot, so a breaker would have to live with it to really determine it's usefulness. I'm tempted to write to Bosch to see if they can help. Long shot I know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts