Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I need to find out what the cf3 ecu on a 2003 2.5 156 controls.
The Ecu is 0261 207 598

Does this control just all the engine functions or engine + others

If it does control other functions besides the engine what does it control

Thank you in advance

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
Is this a facelift interior car with traction control?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a facelift interior car with traction control?
Yeah facelift interior and ASR which i guess is alfa's traction control

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
In that case the ECU & ABS module work together to control the traction control system, the car will show ABS/VDC errors if an earlier 2.5 ECU (without T/C) is fitted. But other than that, its just engine & immobiliser functions.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
In that case the ECU & ABS module work together to control the traction control system, the car will show ABS/VDC errors if an earlier 2.5 ECU (without T/C) is fitted. But other than that, its just engine & immobiliser functions.
Nice 1 Dan thank you .

Thats good news , because ive finally found a After market ecu that can replace the stock ecu which can be remapped as easy as flicking a switch.

The ecu costs £699 but when you think of the cost of rolling road remaps by the masters of alfa, the cost of the ecu is 50% cheaper then the remap so you can chop and change when you like.
Where i live a rolling road remap tune for a normal car is about £300 Max and about £150 for a retune.

Alfa ecu remap £800-£1000 each time

After Market ecu £699

After Market Remap £300

If like me you change things about , If you remap once a year over just 2 years you save at least £500, and with no worries about ecu failure and where can you get a new one.

I know its fairly easy to get a ecu for a cf2 or an early cf3 (example 0261 206 663) etc
but the 0261 207 597 are like hens teeth .

Saying that ive opened up both a 0261 206 663 and a 0261 207 597 and both have the same chips in , i dont know why ecu people say they can not clone one to the other.
i only question this as being a computer engineer for the past 15 years i would have no problem pushing the firmware from one part to another. example ive turned a £100 graphics card into a £300 card just by swapping the firmware.

This being the case im taking both my spare ecu and swapping the main chips over and see what it does / 2.5 hybrid ecu to a 3.0 166 ecu. i will let you know what happens . but give me a week or so as my diagnostic kit is with my car miles away.(but now the sun is trying to come out i will be spending some time there with the new cams coming):biglaugh:

I dont mean to undermine all the master tuners by doing this as i know they work hard and are good at what they do, But for us people who are not so flush with the cash its just to damn expensive.

I love alfa's and they dont have the best track record if i wanted a easy to tune an easy to remap car i would go for an Evo.
It will be great to get a respectable Alfa that can compete with other cars but also at a price normal people can afford. I love the challenge :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I know 1 thing after the engine is done no matter what happens the engine is going in what ever car i have (That being an alfa)

Saying that what can the engine go into , 147 , 156 , Gt , 166 Anything else ?

Sorry if ive rambled on as ive had a few beers ( first time in a long long time) and im feeling it :biglaugh:
Not looking forward to tomorrow im sure the heads gunna hurt and i also need to make sure i leave car bits alone as beer and touching parts (car parts .. dirty minds) = ebay to look for new bits :biglaugh:

End of drunken ramblings

Just to add as quiz, Who can guess what ecu this is :yes: i will give answer later

Attachments

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
ASR (anti slip regulator)
Hi mate . :biglaugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts