Alfa Romeo Forum banner

CF1 rocker gasket sealant

979 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Ian-a 
#1 ·
Planning on changing my rocker gasket on my phase 1 (CF1 engine with aluminium cover). I have the replacement gasket, however I'm wondering where the best place to put gasket sealant is when fitting the new one. Should there be a continuous line of it all the way around, or does it just need a blob in specific areas (e.g. the corners)? What about for the separate smaller gasket around the spark plug area?

#5 ·
RTV sealant in the corners where there is an abrupt change in direction, the cam carrier at the cam wheels end and only small blobs at that. Nothing elsewhere as the gasket is sufficient to ensure leak-proofing.

#10 ·
Not sure if they're in the GTV/Spider workshop manual - it's on my other laptop so will check later. I believe they are pretty low (maybe as low as 5Nm or 7Nm). This is especially important for the CF1 with the alloy rocker cover as there has been instances of the cover breaking if the bolts are torqued too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.