Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi could some one let me know if a crank from a cf1 2.0ts is the same as one from a cf2 as ive been offered won to go into my poorly 145 cloey many thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for the info if im lucky my crank might just need shells but the way things are at mo i will prob need a new one

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
yes, all the cranks are the same from 2L engines (All TS anyway) Unsure about 2L JTS cranks
Sorry Davie, but you are wrong there. The CF3 engines have a longer (or shorter, cant remember which) throw than the CF1 engine. I went through 3 different cranks before finding a good one for my alloy top one.

If they are the same, i would be quite p1ssed off as i wasted a fair bit of money on them etc but looking at the drawings for the cranks etc, they were different.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so a cf1 will go into a cf2 but a cf3 wont is that right. not sure if i need one yet as still in process of getting engine out the snow is slowing me down on the driveway but as i cant do much gardening (job) at the mo ive got plenty of time to plod along :)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I dont 100% know. My mechanics who built my engine were certain that they were different. I checked the drawings (to which i cant even remember where they are) and im sure they were different.

Im sure somebody like "alfa tuner" will be able to help. It may be worth giving them a quick call and finding out 100%.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Just rarther you be a bit more weary and check it out some more before splashing out some cash buddy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi thanks for the info guy's gonna check condition of crank when ive got the engine out i know shells are about £44 from alfa seen them cheaper on ebay but not gona bother with them for the sake of another £20. she is gona be like new by the time ive finished got a new water pump and variator in the boot that was gonna get fitted this month. also cam seals should be on their way too if the post gets going again soon

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I am now crying.

Thanks for clearing that up though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts