Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm taking delivery of a new Guilietta soon. It's painted in Etna Black, a metallic finish with red flecks so it changes colour under different light. I'm going to take it directly to a detailer but can't decide between his 'new car treatment' or going all the way and having it ceramic coated! Its the difference between £225 and £600. What do my fellow Alfistis think?

Thanks, Keith

·
Registered
35,178 Posts
£600 does seem a lot for a Giulietta. Much of it will be labour. I bought the best materials I could and applied them myself. At least you get a chance to bond with the car, if the weather is OK. Swisswax with Teflon will set you back £30 for the cleaner/prep fluid and you'll use less than£50 worth of the wax.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I used Wolfgang Deep Gloss sealant on my new car. Beforehand used Wolfgang paintwork enhancer. I bought a kit for around £100 and included Autobathe car wash, spritz detailing spray and applicators etc.

Was good fun and looks amazing, you get enough for a few applications too. As cue said, you get to know every corner of your car and is very satisfying. And you save a few hundred quid.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi, I'm taking delivery of a new Guilietta soon. It's painted in Etna Black, a metallic finish with red flecks so it changes colour under different light. I'm going to take it directly to a detailer but can't decide between his 'new car treatment' or going all the way and having it ceramic coated! Its the difference between £225 and £600. What do my fellow Alfistis think?

Thanks, Keith
I went for the full ceramic on my Vulcano Black Giulia. The detailer convinced me it was worth going for the extra protection on a black car, to avoid light scratches and swirl marks in future. The difference in price was about £170.

I paid £420 inside and out. Products were Gtechniq EXO V3 and Crystal Serum Light. As said already, most of the cost is labour. Prices vary around the country - that was in Guildford, Surrey.

£600 seems expensive but I expect you have added on some extra options?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies and info. Unfortunately, apartment living precludes me doing the work myself. It certainly sounds like ceramic polish is worth it so I think I’ll shop around a bit more.

I’m looking forward to posting some photos when it’s done. ATB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts