Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm getting my newly aquired decat downpipe from JS-Tuning ceramic coated. mmmm shiny performance blue or white me thinks to match the engine bay! But what are the real advantages. And how far should I take it? Manafold and pipe with flexi in it as well maybe or pehaps the turbo impellor housing? Heat reflection is obviously the issue here so should I get the extra bit done too or will the decat be enough to get rid of the main heat at the front of the engine?:think:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think if you want the heat to stay inside your exhaust (Cat) - pipe and not get out of it into your engine bay you should coat the inside of the pipe - i don't know what color you like most but it'll be black anyway ;)
IRC on Petrols The Turbo Manifolds are sometimes Ceramic Coated or Heat Isolated to help The Turbo spool Faster (Heat = Energy) :)

regards
BS

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm. I'll have to find a spare manifold or a have one made as I can't take the car off the road. Alternatively I could pull the finger our of my backside and get on with the 155 and then have a spare car! LOL

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I suppose you'll remove the heat shields to expose it to the whole world ;-)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
don't get the exhaust BEFORE the turbo internally coated... just think what a chip of ceramic will do to your turbine at 150,000 rpm....
I think that things get coated EXTERNALY only. It's far enough to keep the heat inside (what's probably the purpose).

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah as i understood it its outside only. I will be leaving the heat shield though. Even if it does spoil the view

1 - 10 of 10 Posts