Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been playing out in the GT a fair bit since having the decat and exhaust fitted but it's all gone a bit Pete Tong now as the motor control system failure message has popped up. Balls, it's only come on since the centre decat has been fitted.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
The ECU knows the Cat is missing (actually it is seeing that it isn't working) and won't be happy!

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
The lambda sensors are before the manifold cat and after the secondary cat; this is how it can't know if one is missing but it can report a low cat efficiency error which is probably what the light has come up for. Your manifold cat for that bank mustn't be working too well. Does it still drive the same?

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
They sometimes do the same thing when you remove the manifold cats and leave the centre cats installed.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's no dramatic change in how it's driving, if any. There may be but if there is it is marginal. It would be too easy to imagine it's driving crap now the engine light is on, if you know what I mean.
tried leaving battery off for a bit but light is still on.

The manifold cats are still in place. Would a bespoke tuning/remap sort this? What else can I do to resolve it?

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
A remap can help make your fuelling a bit more accurate and mean the cats have less work to do, which would give a higher likelihood of the light staying off. But as you've still got manifold cats you really don't want to pull too much fuel out as its the fuel that keeps everything cool on the rear bank. I would say put the cats back in if you don't want to have to deal with the light, or buy yourself bluetooth OBD dongle and get that phone app that lets you clear codes.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers mate. With the light being on, do you know if the engine will be doing anything detrimental to compensate for whatever it is that it may be compensating for?

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
Really you need to plug in and see what the actual logged fault is. We could just be putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5, the error may be nothing to do with your cats.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
A remap can help make your fuelling a bit more accurate and mean the cats have less work to do, which would give a higher likelihood of the light staying off. But as you've still got manifold cats you really don't want to pull too much fuel out as its the fuel that keeps everything cool on the rear bank. I would say put the cats back in if you don't want to have to deal with the light, or buy yourself bluetooth OBD dongle and get that phone app that lets you clear codes.

Decatted here too. My light pops on once in a while when cruising at a constant 70mph in 6th gear. always a o2 sensor fault and always clears via Torque app.:thumbs:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quality, ta mate. I'll get myself one of those little didgery doos and plug it in, see what the craic is. Sent an email to Sedox tuning in Sunderland, see what they can do in the way of a remap for the old girl.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts