Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nearside front door is rather erratic when it comes to central locking at the moment. Occasionally the pin will not pop up when I press the key (to unlock and disarm the alarm) and so the other door pins drop again. It also refuses to drop sometime and so the the other door pins drop and then pop up again. I have to turn the key in the problematical door and then press the key to lock all of the others. Could it be a sticking mechanism or something like that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Rob,

I've had this problem before in a previous Alfa, it makes you appreciate central locking doesn't it!
Just take the door trim off and trace the wires to the connector block for the central locking. I had a loose connection which was held together by sticky tape! (probably a previous owners temporary fix, or a factory modification?) Obviously a loose connection so i just fixed it properly. While your there get the WD40 out, works wonders!

kind of obvious i know, just hope it's as simple as that. Never taken the door trim off my 155 though.

Regards,

A.H

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Alex, it certainly does make you appreciate central locking! I'm not sure about the door trim though, I tried to remove it when I was playing about with removing the broken door mirror on that side but never quite managed it (and later realised that it didn't need to be removed in any case!). Can anyone give any advice. It's a 97 1.8 TS 16v.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
long while ago now but I had a similar problem and in my case it turned out to be a knackered 'Actuator'(?!?)ie the little motor thing which locks that door and pops up the button.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the doorlock itself is also the controlswitch. When grease leaks into the switchbox, you can get this problem. Remove the doorpanel, tape the window to the frame with Duck Wonder Tape(so that it won't fall down), remove the black metal plate and remove the lock. I spayed the area where I suspected the swith with contact-spray and build everything together again. It worked! I didn't really try to open the lock and am not certain if you can open it and still be able to built it together to a functioning lock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts