Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right i think i worked out that its the button on the key thats not working. is there any way of getting the inside of a differant key then resetting to the reciever in the car. i noticed the other day it had a small button on it which when pressed made the green light lash on it. is was wondering it that is a way of maching the key to the car. and can you reset old keys or has it gotta be a new one. well that was a mouthfull, can any one help on this cheers

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
You can use a second hand key but you'll need the four digit code to program the roof receiver, the code usually lived on a tiny bit of paper so good luck finding it ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha ha,so does anyone actually have this peice of card. its obviously one of alfa's jokes 'lets write the codes they need on a small peice of paper so its bound to get lost'!!!! no i cant find it, so is there any othere way or is it an alfa garage job?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
You're not that lucky either, the codes aren't on cards they're on little bits of sticky paper best descibed as ticker tape ;) normally stuck to the inside of the owners manual folder, and no it's not a dealer job, if it's the remote (which it might not be) just buy the remote bit of the key from a breaker as long as it comes with the correct code ;)

Alternately save a lot of hassle and get a toad or similar installed (no frog jokes please ;) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts