Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have searched the forum for this so my apologies if it has been previously posted...................I have a 156 1.8TS year 2000 saloon and need to know where the central locking relay is located, it's not above the accelerator beside the steering wheel column the only things there are fuses and ECU socket.so any help with this will be greatly appreciated:)

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am not sure about this myself but apparantly there are some relays above the glove box. I think there is a little cover in the roof of the glovebox itself and you can remove the cover and have a peak. But I don't think its a direct line to the relays - you have to peer at an angle I believe.
I know that there aren't any behind the fuse box as you would think they should be! My indicator relay went and I found that - behind the steering wheel on the bottom side of the column. I need the steering wheel off to change the bl00dy relay!!
Have you tried calling an Alfa Dealer and speaking to their servicing department - they 'might' feel helpful . . . Failing that maybe get to a breakers yard and have a rummage around a wrecked 156 for some clues . . .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one, I found the little cover you mentioned but it was so awkward to get in I ended up taking out the glove compartment altogether now I can get at the relays more easily...so thanks very much for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts