Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This may sound like a daft question but should the central locking activate and lock all the doors with the engine idling and the car stationary?

I know modern cars' doors lock just after the car is set into motion and then unlock when it comes to a halt, but they shouldn't lock when the car is stationary should they?

I found out the hard way by working on my car at work and shutting the door with the engine running.............I won't be doing that again!

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Mart :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine does that. I have a clifford concept alarm so im not totally sure if its that doing it or whether its a standard thing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has a TOAD alarm fitted - I did wonder if it was that causing the issue rather than the standard lock setup.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Mine does that. I have a clifford concept alarm so im not totally sure if its that doing it or whether its a standard thing.

snap i've got a clifford concept alarm and it locks the doorus as soon as i start the engine, but if a door is open it attempts a few sec later, after that they remain unlocked. found out the hard way at a jet wash, had to taxi home to get spare:rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
a lot of Toad alarms have an anti hijack feature so if you get in, close the door and start the engine the doors lock. They unlock again when the ignition is turned off or when you open the door handle from the inside or press the unlock button on the fob. Also, if you disarm the alarm and dont enter the vehicle then it will rearm and lock the doors again. It is a programmable feature which can be removed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a lot of Toad alarms have an anti hijack feature so if you get in, close the door and start the engine the doors lock. They unlock again when the ignition is turned off or when you open the door handle from the inside or press the unlock button on the fob. Also, if you disarm the alarm and dont enter the vehicle then it will rearm and lock the doors again. It is a programmable feature which can be removed.
Cheers for the replies guys.

I've dug out the TOAD manual to go with my alarm and it seems that the anti-hijack feature is exactly what I have. Doesn't mention about how to reprogram it though. I have however found out how to turn off the "plip" noise which is good!

R

·
0 Posts
What model Toad alarm do you have, I should be able to find out the info you need. BTW the anti hijack should only operate if the ignition is turned on when the door is closed, so if the door is open or the ignition is turned on before the door is shut it wont activate.

R

·
0 Posts
Its its the Ai606 then the link for the installation instructions are below. You need to have your PIN number and go into the programming mode to switch off the antihijack - see page 13 and 14. If your not happy about doing this, take it to a car security installer. Its a 5 minute job so should be cheap enough

TOAD

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Model is either A51S or A101CL (not sure which though).

I might try starting the car with the doors closed, wait 'til they lock then get out of the car, closing the door to see if it locks again (obviously with window open or spare keys to hand). Better to try out the scenario from the safety of my driveway :)

When I locked myself out at work I started the engine with the door open (standing outside the car) and then shut the door. 10 seconds later.......click. :( Anti-Hijack mode enabled!

R

·
0 Posts
The A51s doesnt have central locking as standard hence the CL (Central locking) after the model number A101cl.
Also, with the door open and the ignition on, the anti-hijack should not have operated. Im wondering if the alarm door line wire has been connected properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts