Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, got a new problem today on my alfa 156. when i lock and unlock my doors manually (because my key button doesn't work0 i get a funny click sound coming from some where next to the rear seat behind the drivers seat. its a weird sound, meaning something is wrong, but not sure what it is. it just started today. does any1 know what the noise is or can any please help. thank you

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes mate all the doors unlocked and locked. the noise just started recently. i dont think i have filled petrol with the doors locked, but could this be an issue?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
And have you ever tried to fill up with petrol when the doors are locked?
How on earth is he going to get the filler flap open if the doors are locked? :lol:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
hi guys, got a new problem today on my alfa 156. when i lock and unlock my doors manually (because my key button doesn't work0 i get a funny click sound coming from some where next to the rear seat behind the drivers seat. its a weird sound, meaning something is wrong, but not sure what it is. it just started today. does any1 know what the noise is or can any please help. thank you

You are lucky it is just a click.

Mine sounds like a rifle shot from inside the car.

First heard it when I ran low on petrol and pulled into the dodgiest looking petrol station in Brixton. Dubious looking people hanging around.

Pulled the door handle, second later heard that noise and thought I was being shot at. Needless to say I shot out of there quick as I could.

When I got home, heard the sound again and felt extremely stupid.

It is the central locking solenoid apparently or so i've been told.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Mine makes a gurgling sound after locking/unlocking but does this for years now, electrickery Italian/German style I reckon :lol: if it works don't fix it !!

p.s. mating Bosch with Magnetti Spaghetti produces weird children....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol thanx guys for the comments.
i was worried because i just bought the car last week and it didn't make that noise. but i need to go and take the car for servicing since the EOBD light and the airbag light are on whilst driving and ill ask him there what the noise is. i try not to unlock and lock doors as much as i used to because of that noise and worried the problem will get bigger.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ha ha......I've got the shotgun sound in mine too. Didnt know what the hell it was when i first heard it!! Is it a problem? All the doors lock fine at the moment.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
How on earth is he going to get the filler flap open if the doors are locked? :lol:
More importantly, how is he going to get out if the doors are locked? :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yup i get that same sound. Been hearing it for over a year now, but no problems locking the car. Sounds a bit like an echo after the locks engage. But yes also can be mistaken for a sniper taking a pot shot at ya!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

Sorry to bump such an old topic. Today this funny click started on my 2005 156 (RHD), sounds like a gun shot too. It seems to be coming from around the rear right side.

Today I removed the aftermarket stereo from its column as I was fixing some cabling. Then I tried locking the car from inside and it locked, but there was this strange sound each time. At first I thought that it had something to do with the stereo, so I removed everything, and the problem was still there.

When the locks go down, during the click the locks move a bit upwards.
I was trying to get rid of another sound (which apparently is the loose gas tank cap) and now I have this new sound lol, call it Alfa Romeo character?

Any ideas please?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts