Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my battery disconnected while trickle charging it. Ever since i reconnected it, my central locking tries to keep me out. Pressing the button on the key fob unlocks the car, deactivates the alarm, then promptly locks it again.:( Even unlocking with the key only gives me a second to open the door before it locks again! Is there some simple way to get it back to normal? Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Are all your windows, doors, bonnet and boot completely shut? If one is just the tiniest bit open mine does this...

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Mine does this sometimes as well, but usually lets me in, eventually. Seems to do it more if its raining. I think it just taunts me, knowing I'm getting drenched while it makes up its mind to open up... :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I'd suggest disarming the alarm then disconnect the battery ( just the -ve should be enough ) again. While disconnected, ensure the door buttons are in the unlocked position. Give it a few minutes, then reconnect the battery.

·
Registered
95 Posts
mine does something similar. I think that if both doors have not fully unlocked, it relocks itself. look at the post thing on the passenger side when you are unlocking it to see if it rises all the way up. Mine seems worse if it has not been used for a few days, so I think it is battery related. Not sure if it is possible to grease/oil or other on the unlocking mechanism.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
mine does something similar. I think that if both doors have not fully unlocked, it relocks itself. look at the post thing on the passenger side when you are unlocking it to see if it rises all the way up. Mine seems worse if it has not been used for a few days, so I think it is battery related. Not sure if it is possible to grease/oil or other on the unlocking mechanism.
I had exactly as you describe muddle and it turned out to be the multipin plug not secured into socket on door post its on the end of the rubber conduit bit that runs to the doors. I pushed it in and turned its collar half turn clockwise to lock it..............had no probs since. I've heard that the cables at the plug can get dry joints and in some cases break off. Hope that helps :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts