Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, has anyone removed the center silencer on the GTV the one just after the cat, mine is blowing i thought id replace it with a straight pipe.

The car is a '00 gtv T.Spark

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Hi Kav, not taken it off but replaced it with the Alfaholics center section.It's a resinator box so i am told, and can be a bit boomy on the motorway if removed.I am sure someone else will come along with more info soon.:)

G

·
Mine is blowing from the centre box - it is very loud without. The boomy noise you would get would drive you mad.

·
Banned
1,767 Posts
Hi Guys, has anyone removed the center silencer on the GTV the one just after the cat, mine is blowing i thought id replace it with a straight pipe.

The car is a '00 gtv T.Spark

Hi chap
have a look at my post.
I took the silencer out at the back of the car.the one before the back box, to make the gas flow straighter. im very happy with the sound,plus the engine rev's abit better.but i have taken the cat's out aswell;) .is it repairable?
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/98133-gtv-ts-exhaust-mod-plus-decating.html
regards john

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi mate

Just did my exhaust see 'new exhaust' thread in this forum for pics etc. Removed it and the others, if you do not have the resonator or muffler and just a straight through pipe it booms into the cabin and is a pain on the highway.

But i put a single resonator slap bang in the middle and just have a straight through pipe (see pics) and it sounds awesome without the booming and resonating.

Cheers Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts