Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I'm sorry to start a new thread. I remember there was one discussing it already. However even I have tried hard did not find it again.

Some people were complaining about the joint between the silver part covering surrounding of gearstick and the rest of the console. I did not have the problem until it was replaced by the dealer due to a scratch they've made from new - ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting . They did a very poor job and even did not press it correctly.

So what I did first was I've pushed from the top and it sat down. However there was a space left of approximately 3 - 5 mm. I thought it's because of the new part being different and tried to live with that. Until yesterday.

I had some time waiting in the car so was trying to figure out how to solve it. You would not believe how easy it is. You just need to push it towards the console until it clicks! ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

When removing you then only need to do the opposite. Pull first the direction from the console (like it would be on rails). And only after pull it up.

I hope this will help somebody.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thanks for the tips Yety, I may have to look into this as mine creaks when I press down on the upper left hand corner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts