Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Anyone had "Celtic Tuning" do a remap?

Looking at having my JTDM being remapped by them.
Any pro's or con's would be great.
Cheers.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Considered them myself when I was looking for a map.. Very mixed reviews from other Alfa owners so I steered clear..

Got an Autolusso map instead :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Another one for AL here..

Tried and tested..the celtic ones may well be fine for the Bosch ecu but I am not convinced their maps are optimised for our cars. Probably more vauxhall /saab specific.

I am on my second AL map. Both have been great. I will be re-mapping again within the month. It will be Ned again.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a celtic map, although it was on there when I got the car. Seems good to me, bar the lack of a limiter. Nice smooth power delivery.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I have a celtic map, although it was on there when I got the car. Seems good to me, bar the lack of a limiter. Nice smooth power delivery.
doesn't it go into limp mode when you push it?

I seem to remember you saying that..:paranoid:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yup limp mode if I forget about shifting up at the right time. Resets after you switch the car off..... not ideal on a dual carriageway lol.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Yup limp mode if I forget about shifting up at the right time. Resets after you switch the car off..... not ideal on a dual carriageway lol.
no, def not.

a number of things can cause this so may not be the map at fault but it IS a strong candidate...

only issue I have ever had on my car was limp mode caused by the maf going bad, once that a sorted normal operation resumed..:thumbup:

·
Registered
248 Posts
no, def not.

a number of things can cause this so may not be the map at fault but it IS a strong candidate...

only issue I have ever had on my car was limp mode caused by the maf going bad, once that a sorted normal operation resumed..
Maybe a new maf should be added to the list of parts I'm starting to accumulate :)

Am I right in thinking a genuine bosch item is the only one worth considering. Although back to the OP. The map is nice and smooth. Might be worth asking if they can just move the limit rather than remove!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
doesn't it go into limp mode when you push it?

I seem to remember you saying that..:paranoid:
Which littleGTV said was at 55000rpm...
Have a look on your tacho and see how far around 55000rpm is on a diesel! Well past redline and even with that remap I bet it is way past the power curve.
That is really reving the **** off the derv.
( . ) ( .)
:evil::smoker:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had the stage one tune on my GT a couple of months ago, absolutely recommended 100%
Always well informed Kevin turned up on time loads of enthusiasm he has owned Alfas in the past likewise a lot of the staff own Alfas
Very knowledgeable showed me everything I wanted to see.
Lots of grunt mid range with just a little bit of lag over standard, doesnt slip the standard clutch unless you really hammer it

The only down side being I now have to go on a speed awarness course:biglaugh:

·
Registered
248 Posts
It was the first time driving the thing, quickly realised that was a little too far. Map definitely needs a limiter and will get it sorted as soon as funds allow as I'm guessing it will be basically be a whole new map??

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
It was the first time driving the thing, quickly realised that was a little too far. Map definitely needs a limiter and will get it sorted as soon as funds allow as I'm guessing it will be basically be a whole new map??
It depends on how the map is done, it would be possible to change the limiter on one of our maps

Celtic tuning should be able to add a limiter without any trouble

Ned

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had the rev limiter raised during my remap, but never have I seen it red line then again I only tend to use a max of 3k revs

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi All,
Thanks for the feedback.
I think I will go with Autolusso for a custom remap and EGR delete.
First I have a load of goodies to fit from JTD-Performance.
FMIC – Intercooler
New Downpipe
Ragazzon – Rear Duplex Silencer.

I take it the EGR blanking plates are not fitted until the day of the tuning?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I take it the EGR blanking plates are not fitted until the day of the tuning?
Thanks again.
Good choice ;)

You can fit the blanks before getting the mapping done, but it will throw up and error code. Won't cause any harm though to drive about with them blanked out and an error active.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts