Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I am the proud owner of an 11 plate 159 TI TBI saloon, I am a newbie to Alfa and to the site so please forgive me if this topic has been raised elsewhere in the forum but I could do with some advise before venturing to the dealer.

I have only had the car for a couple of weeks and the stereo has been working fine until yesterday when it stopped playing the CD and came up with a "CD ERROR" message on the display and wont allow me to eject it. It is a front loading single CD player standard issue with the car (not an aftermarket one). The other features on the stereo are still working fine i.e radio, so I don't think that a reset by disconnecting the battery temporarily will do any good but correct me if i'm wrong. I have read in another post that removing the fuse and replacing it might work but unfortunately it didn't. Is there any other way to get the CD out manually? BTW it is an original CD and not a copied one. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I live on an island and the local dealer is a ferry ride and 200 mile round trip away!!

N

·
0 Posts
Not much you can do really.

Ask the dealer if you can send it to them?

Welcome to AO. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had this problem in my Fiat Bravo...so when my battery died, took out the battery & changed it..so this kinda reset everything in the car, and when I pressed eject, the disc popped-out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mine did that but after taking the key out and putting it back in I could remove the CD. Since tried another CD and the same thing happened again. I just stick to using the memory stick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well lucky old me, I must have tried 30 - 40 times to eject it over the last couple of days, ignition on and off, fuses out, but nothing worked. I had to go on a longer run today and didn't touch it for about an hour then decided to try it again and hey presto it popped out, the one thing I did notice was the CD was quite hot so maybe the long run and prolonged heat had something to do with it, I guess I'll never know. I did notice that the CD was quite scratched so maybe that's why it got stuck in the first place. I think I'll be taking Nascot's advise and just using the memory stick from now on. Thanks for the advise though and i'm sure being an Alfa owner I'll be posting soon with another problem :lol:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I turned the player to radio. Switched the player off. Held the CD eject button in and turned the radio back on while keeping the eject button in. CD ejected.

·
Registered
813 Posts
This has happened to me many times and I'm happy to say I have the cure - at least for my issue. Leave the car for a while and eventually you will be able to eject the cd. The cd error message is caused by a dirty laser. Buy a cheap laser cleaner (cd with fine brushes underneath) and run it twice. I've never had the error/stuck cd since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts