Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a few problems with me CD (boot) changer. Tried to fit a Kenwood 10-disc I've had for a while but it kept cutting out. Resoldered the connection and seems to be keeping power. Only trouble is after re-assembling I must have damaged a tiny little microswitch (didn't see it!). Have re-assembled with the switch in the right place but the plunger now moves a bit so I guess when the tray inside moves it pushes the plunger out the way.

I reckon this plunger/microswitch tells the unit that the cassette is in place and does its magic......am I wrong?

Anyway, where can I get one of these little microswitches? Will any electronics shop stock them or is it an Audio repair shop job? I ask as my local audio shop are useless...last time I used them was a nightmare, took months to get me head unit back :( I can do the repair meself just don't wanna waste time trawling round the shops to be laughed at (perhaps its just me?!?!).

Anyone know about electronics ;)

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Try somewhere like Tandy or maybe a local car electrician they should be able to supply you with a microswitch :D :D

You can have a go at sorting mine if yer want :p it keeps ejecting for apparent reason every now and then :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and i can`t listen to the tape coz there`s still one jammed in there :rolleyes: :( ................Have to get it out i`m missing out on CRASS :(

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tapes jamming are a pain, usually released if you get in there and do it manually ;)

Just looked at the Maplins website......no Hidee Ho's tho...very disappointing!

wrinx

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Maplin would be a good favourite - order it online or there's a couple of stores in sheffield seeing you're that out way (chesterfield).

Simon

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ah! Punk ;) . I just found some of my brothers vinyl collection containing some Crass, Angelic Upstarts, Abrasive Wheels, etc., etc., I keep meaning to convert them to mp3. :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Wrinx,

If you've got a good idea of what the microswitch is like, you MIGHT be able to find one to replace it here or here, but I think your biggest problem may be finding one exactly the same as the one you've got.

Have you tried Kenwood themselves? They may be able to point you in the direction of someone who could supply the exact switch you need or maybe give you the part number at least.

Failing that, have a look in the good old Yellow Pages and ring round a few car audio repair shops and you might find a helpful one that has the repair manual for your device that could give you the details you need.

Anyway, good luck with it!! :)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to a local electronics shops yesterday who said I need a complete unit!!! Then tried an audio repair shop who said they will be able to order the part from Kenwood....so we'll see :rolleyes:

wrinx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts