Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cd changer seems to have died...even though i only used it for activating the line in! Don't suppose anybody know which sony changer shares the internals as i'm oping i might be able to swap the mechanism and keep the electonics? I think it's maybe a CDX-T62 but i'm not sure....

Alternatively, are there any other options apart from loudlink these days? Gnunilink is over my head and the forum with the 166 detail has gone....

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
oh Yeh.............I have a special G2 unit..................its got a fekkin G3 button!...............................WHO GOT MY HOPES UP?????????????????????????HEY................OWN UP..................WHO coz your gonna be eating my G2 unit!...........................Im keeping the button tho!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sony...? The CD-changer is a Becker unit (Model 2660, I think). I don't think it shares much with Sony... but I might be wrong.
OK... did some research.. I'm wrong!

Seems like the Becker 2660 shares a lot, if not all, with the Sony CDX-T62.
There might be some changes in the communications protocol though, so the Sony may not be a direct replacement in all applications.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have an old CD changer that started to fail and i replaced, but i am still convinced it is something simple....if you want i can send it to you and you can take it apart and see if you can make 1 good from 2 duds? and all i ask is that if you get inside that you a) don;t laugh at my music taste, and b) send the CD's back!

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
I have an old CD changer that started to fail and i replaced, but i am still convinced it is something simple....if you want i can send it to you and you can take it apart and see if you can make 1 good from 2 duds? and all i ask is that if you get inside that you a) don;t laugh at my music taste, and b) send the CD's back!
:cheese::cheese:

guid man PF:thumbs:

so whit wiz it?

PF like the Proclaimers

OR
WAS IT

Bruce Springsteen....awe awe awe my cars oan fire.;):lol:

Sorry I really must resit.

Just to let you know I still have the real rescue with you the wee one and the car on fire on my digibox.

I still cry when I watch it.

Stu the hoose just had his SLR.

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

guid man PF:thumbs:

so whit wiz it?

PF like the Proclaimers

OR
WAS IT

Bruce Springsteen....awe awe awe my cars oan fire.;):lol:

Sorry I really must resit.

Just to let you know I still have the real rescue with you the wee one and the car on fire on my digibox.

I still cry when I watch it.

Stu the hoose just had his SLR.

Pomeo

or "firestarter" by the prodigy.... or "I am the lord of hell fire, and i bring you....BBC"

tbh i can't really remember whats in there, but keep putting it off to look inside!

I still have it too, i had to transfer it onto DVD as we got rid of SKY+ last year! still makes me cringe when i see it!

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hehe - sounds cool PF, i'll PM you my address and i'll return your spice girls and boyzone CDs :D

I've got my eye on a couple of sony changers on the bay so i might grab one and use the bits....they won't work on their own as the protocol that becker (and alfa) use is slightly different to the sony unilink one but hopefully if i re-use the electronics from my knackered one it might work! I wish i was clever enough to do PIC programming so that i could make a changer emulator or proper ipod interface! Or even modify all these cheap sony changers into super duper alfa ones - i'd make a fortune!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Ok Niall, I will send it up to you. (your PM box is full :) )

i'll dig it out and let you know when it's on it's way!

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
if its the release mechanism that is fault it is an easy fix, simply off with its head, remove the top circuit board to reveal three or four little gear wheels. The carrier for two of the wheels need gluing into position. Now works a treat :D I did start to take some pics for the Haynes section, but seemed to have lost the main detail of inside the changer somehow.

HTH

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nah, it seems to be the cd selector bit....just a faint clicking and doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well finally got round to swapping the main board from the becker/alfa changer to the cheapo sony CDX-T62 and it works perfectly again - also means i've got a spare cart for the changer :D

Anybody want random bits from a cd changer?? I've got mounting brackets from the sony if anybody needs....

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
ill have the spare black single CD reader above the CD changer, some its just adds weight and breaks the main CD changer.........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts